Ships with pool tables??

Dec 18th, 2003, 02:41 PM
Original Poster

Ships with pool tables??

My hubby would like to know if any ships have pool tables. He seems to think they can be stabilized. Not sure where he got that idea. Anyone play pool on a ship lately?
Thanks.
Carol
Dec 18th, 2003, 03:26 PM

The RCCL Radiance, Brilliance and Serenade ships ahve pool tables and yes, they are stablized. These are the only ones I am aware of (though there may be more).
Dec 18th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

Theresa, I appreciate the information. Does anyone know if the big explorer class ships have pool tables? That would have been my first guess. But the three you named look like really nice ships. We'll have to try one.
Carol
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:55 AM

I sailed on the Explorer in 2001 and it did not. Part of the features of the Radiance class when it was first introduced was the "stablizing pool tables". Not sure if they implemented this in later "Voyager class ships" or not.
Dec 19th, 2003, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

Theresa,
I checked the RCCL web site and I like the looks of these 3 ships.

Which ship did you sail, and which itinerary did you travel? I like the sounds of the Mediterranean ones out of Barcelona, or maybe Alaska.

Again, thanks for the information.
Carol
Dec 19th, 2003, 08:04 AM

Your husband may have got the idea from TV.
I watched a show on the travel channel in which they explained that there is such a thing as stabilized pool tables for cruise ships. However, they only showed them in the staff recreation rooms. I believe the ship was the Voyager of the Seas.

Since it would take up a lot of space and not the kind of thing that everyone would use I would doubt you'd find them on many (if any) ships.

If this is your first cruise perhaps your husband is worried there won't be enough to do on board, when if fact there is plenty. Anyway, hope you find a cruise that you both can enjoy.
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Hold,
My husband and I both like to watch the travel channel, so he may have gotten the idea from there. No, it would not be his first cruise. He just really enjoys playing pool and would like to try it on a cruise sometime. Hopefully, Theresa's information about the Radiance, Brilliance and Serenade is up to date, as we just might try one of them in the not-too-distant future!
Carol
Dec 19th, 2003, 04:16 PM

I sailed the Radiance to Alaska last summer. Here is a picture of the pool tables on the Radiance from my album:

http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/PhotoAlbum5.html

I will see if I can find out any more information.

The Radiance class of ship is a good size - not too large.
Dec 19th, 2003, 04:21 PM

Here is some more info:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...ipClassCode=RD

-theresa
Dec 19th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Original Poster

Theresa,
Thanks! I really enjoyed your photos. I was reminded of my 2000 cruise to Alaska on Princess. It was lovely, indeed.
The pool tables look pretty good to me, but it's my hubby that is the best judge of that.
What category cabin did you have? I like the size of your room and balcony!

Carol
Dec 21st, 2003, 11:11 AM

On the Radiance they have the best with a $65,000 pool tables there were only three when we took the cruise in 2001 and Royal had them all.if you lean on them you will feel the movement but just to look at them you cant't see it.
Happy cruising
Dec 21st, 2003, 01:58 PM

We had a Cat C on the Radiance. I think it is now called Junior Suite.
Dec 26th, 2003, 11:17 AM

We went on the Serenade of the Seas in August and they had two stabilized pool tables. Lots of fun to watch. Enjoy.