serenade of the seas

Nov 20th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

serenade of the seas

i was just wondering how anyone liked the boat serenade of the seas and also to see if it was worth the extra money to eat at the portfino restaurant or chops grill that are both located on the ship. or is the main dining room just as good?
Nov 21st, 2008, 06:34 PM

Serenade of the Seas is my all time favorite ship. Did a cruise on it from San Juan to San francisco thru the Panama Canal. The room, dining, waiters, room steward, everyone were awesome. Since it was a 15 day cruise we ate at both Portifino's and Chops one night. Chops was my favorite!!! Mr.Harry was my favorite waiter on all the cruises I have been on. Dining room was also very good. No complaints!! Have to mention that wonderful part of cruise was sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge at sunrise. Awesome!!!
Nov 22nd, 2008, 05:59 AM

Sailed the Southern Caribbean route on Serenade of the Sea. Beautiful ship. I really enjoyed the ports of Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,Antigua, St. Thomas-ferried over to St. John which I think is one of the most beautiful islands I have ever visited. I did not eat in Portifino restaurants so I cannot comment on that. I found the found in the dining room to be very good.
My only downer was I got sick with the Narvo-virus the night before leaving the ship. A guy at our table was quarantined a few days before so I am sure that is where I picked it up. Went to the ship Dr. They were very goodwhere they gave me meds and a shot for the nausea. I am planning another cruise at the end of Jan. so that has not kept me from trying a cruise again. The ships do try to prevent this type of experience with their sanitizers for the hands before you enter the dining room.
Nov 22nd, 2008, 07:36 AM

I, too, love the Serenade of the Seas. I cruised her from San Diego to San Juan through the Panama Canal. Like fosterag, I found the service to be wonderful. I ate at Portifino and Chops. My favorite was Portifino...yum! Yes, they were worth the extra money. While the main dining room is good, Portifino and Chops are small, intimate restaurants.

I enjoyed the Serenade so much, I have booked her on a B2B cruise in the Caribbean next year. She consistantly gets high marks from passengers regarding service (waiters, cabin stewards, bar tenders) and cruise experience. She is a beautiful ship.
Dec 23rd, 2008, 03:39 AM

We loved Serenade of the Seas. We did the Alaska cruise in Sept. 2006. Portifino and Chops Grill are both excellent, we always make reservations for both. The food in the dining room is good as well as the Windjammer.
Dec 27th, 2008, 12:26 PM

My husband and I sailed on the Serenade of the Seas a couple of years ago out of Puerto Rico around the Southern Caribbean for seven days. Fantastic!!!!
Dec 30th, 2008, 03:42 PM

I just got back from my 3rd cruise on the Serenade and have booked next Xmas already. It is a smaller ship compared to the Adventurer. We did the Mystery Dinner at the Portofino restaurant and it was good. Someone I know ate at the Chops Grille and said it was excellend. We love the dining room and they did offer anytime dining on deck 5 of the dining room.

We like the itinierary of this ship the best since it goes to Barbados and St Maarten. But note for next year its changing again.