Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Century Eastern Caribbean Shore Excursion?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone, can someone please suggest some shore excursions/tours/snorkeling for our May 29th Eastern Caribbean cruise? My wife and I (30 yrs olds) will visit St. Thomas, St Maarten, and Bahamas. Anything we must see, do, buy, eat would be appreciated. Thank you!
David
Old May 19th, 2004, 06:10 AM

Same question except we are going on this cruise June 12-19. Also San Juan is included. Most suggest doing your own excursion rather then the ship's. What do you think? Went on the Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Sea in January(Western Caribbean) and did our trips by getting a taxi except Key West. Would especially like to go over to St. Johns from St. Thomas. Any suggestions regarding this.
Old May 19th, 2004, 09:00 AM

go to www.cruise-critic.com and there are tons of threads of all the particular islands and the excurisions..

http://messages.cruisecritic.com

Also put yourself on their roll call in order to meet other cruisers who may be on your same cruise! We met over 60 people last month on our Celebrity cruise!
Old May 19th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Hi Maryanne1,
We're going from FLL to San Juan first, but if you look at the time, it will get there at 4:30pm and leaves at 12:30am, so that leaves no time to do much in San Juan. That's why I didn't mention San Juan.

Also, is it better to book the excursion before we board or do it once we get to the port? I heard on the cruise they charge more. Is that true? Thanks!
David
Old May 20th, 2004, 09:39 AM

I am not sure I can anwer your question if it is better to book your tour before or on the ship. My cruise info I have rceived from the company says you can prebook up to 10 days prior to the cruise sailing date. Any tours booked on after you board the ship are available first come first served basis.
From what I have read on Cruise Critic most people say the ship ones are more expensive,and it is less to make your own arrangement when you get off the ship. We found on the cruise I mentioned when we went on to the Western Caribbean there were taxis and tours available when we got off the ship so it was no problem to do what we wanted to do. Another point to consider(according to my info from Celebrity) no refunds are made if you decide to cancel your tour. We really liked just knowing what we wanted to do and getting a cab driver to take us around or go on the tours(as in the Caymens) that was offered as we got off the boat. Do go to Cruise Critic and you will find much more info than I know from people who have been on cruises.