royal caribbean cruise from san juan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and i are going on vacation with three other couples from san juan, to st. thomas, st maarteen, antigua, st lucia, barbados, and back to san juan. we are looking for the kinds of things that "you have got to see/do"? let me know if any of you have ideas or responses.
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 03:46 AM

How about feeding and snorkling with turtles in Barbadoes plus snorkling over 3 ship wrecks? The ship has this tour but with lots of people and twice the cost. When we did it we had 8 of us. I put tour together from cruisecritic.com's Roll Call.
In St. Maartin we take the local bus (big vans) around, for $1.25, to beaches (but not Orient Beach) or the French side.
In San Juan, depending on the time you arrive, we take both free buses for our tour, getting on and off the buses anytime - they're right across from the pier.
There's lots to do in St. Thomas. You can take ferry to St. John's and Trunk Bay, or WALK to the cable cars just outside of Havensight, go to Magon's bay (and pay to get on beach), Coki Beach for snorkling or the aquarium next door.
In Antiqua get a cab/van for 8 to give you a tour of the Island.
Been a long time since we've been to St. Lucia so can't help you there.
But, when we cruise with friends we have one important rule. We all do our OWN thing! If its the same things great but other wise we talk about what we did during dinner. That way eveyone is happy with what they did and no one HAD to do this or that!
For more info email me at [email protected], subject: cruise tours.
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

thank you for all the good info. i was looking into swimming and feeding the turtles, and someone had said to goto almond bay. do yo uknow anything about the resort?
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 07:49 AM

In St, Maarten, we rented an ATV and drove around the whole island....one of the best memories from all my cruises...
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 09:24 AM

We did that cruise last May-June. Its wonderful. If you are interested I can recommend some excellent tour guides for St. Maarten, St. Lucia and Antigua. Hve fun. Larry
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 04:19 AM
Original Poster

larry. thank you. i would love some recommendations for st. marten. we have something planned for st. Lucia and i think we know what we are going to do in Antigua, but we have nothing for st.marten. i would love something that is maybe a half day so we can sit and relax for part of the day.
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 05:02 AM

I tried to C/P links for a couple of guides in St. Maarten, a gal we used and another person who is very well reputed but something is amiss so I'll just type then in:
www.princepersonal.com
Also google search Bernard tours St. Maarten and you will get to his website. We contacted Joyce Prince who hooked us up with a private drive named Berniece. She met us on the dock and basically we tailored our tour with her. All went well and she was super nice. We found St. Maarten to be our fav. stop BTW and if you like to shop this and St. Thomas are the two best places. HAve fun. Larry