excursions on carnival destiny

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend and I are going on the Destiny. I have never been on a cruise before. I wanted the option of relaxing and doing excursions. We will be going to Dominica, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and Barbudos. Has anyone done this cruise and what are the must do excursions? Thanks.
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 07:31 AM

Actually its pretty easy to do the excursions on your own. As this is your 1st cruise (won't be your last I'll bet you may not feel comfortable doing it this way but its really easy, esp. for the Caribbean. we took the Destinty some yrs. back for the so. rte. as you are doing and we just did it again last May on the Adventure of the Seas. You may want to consider a pre or post cruise stay in San Juan as well. larry
Old Jul 24th, 2008, 12:31 PM

We were on the 7/6 sailing of Destiny and LOVED the itinerary!

We did possibly our favorite excursion with Levi Baron of Bumpiing Tours (note the extra "i" in Bumpiing) in Dominica. If you like to get out and experience eco-tourism at its finest, this is a must do. Daysails are very popular in St Thomas and we really enjoyed ours. We made St Kitts and Barbados our beach days...went to Cockleshell Beach in St Kitts and the Boatyard in Barbados. In St Lucia we went diving, but my brother and his fiance took a land tour with Cosol and loved it.

If you haven't already checked out the cruise critic website, definitely do so as you can get lots of answers to your questions. Enjoy your cruise!
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your advice. I think we are going to do some things on our own and some scheduled. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 04:14 AM

BTW we had a great, great tour on St. Lucia with a man named Spencer Ambrose. I can't tell how wonderful he was. I even sent him a draft when I got home for extra gratuity. He uses a van which seats about 8, provides drinks and fruits and his very accomodating. Below is his email address.
[email protected]. Have fun. Larry
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 05:48 AM

I have been on the Carnival Destiny however, it was to Nova Scotia. I have been to St. Thomas on the Carnival Miracle and the thing we did was look around the port shops and take the Sky Ride to Paradise Point. It has a breath-taking view of the city. There is a resturant/bar and a gift shop with picture taking with birds. There's a nice bartender there who talked with us and told us nice things about St. Thomas. Make sure to get one of those souvenir mugs.