Reload this Page >

MAJESTY OF THE SEAS

Search

MAJESTY OF THE SEAS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 06:59 AM
JOYCE

MAJESTY OF THE SEAS

Has anyone been on the Majesty of the Seas<BR>recently.<BR>How is the food?<BR>Is the ship being kept up, or does it look<BR>worn and old?<BR>

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Lauren

My husband and I sailed on Majesty last March. We loved it! As for the food, the dinners were so-so but we really enjoyed the breakfast buffets and the omlette man that makes you an omlette any way you want it. We also had lunch at the buffets. You can have a sit down breakfast and lunch but we preferred the buffets since you have a variety. We only went to the dining room for dinner. The ship was beautiful. Didn't see any wear and tear at all. Have a wonderful time! We're looking forward to our next cruise on the Monarch of the Seas in February which is supposed to be a sister ship of the Majesty.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 06:09 PM
thereuare

I'll be on this ship in 2 1/2 weeks to start my honeymoon (then we're off to Mexico).<BR><BR>From what i've heard it's an older ship but has been mainted very well! Entertainment, service, and food are very good. Negatives are that the rooms are quite small (even for a ship)and you also get (sorry for the upcoming reference) the "Walmart crowd" as you do on any other less than 7 day cruise.<BR><BR>As for eating in the buffet, i prefer the main dining room for all my meals... you can still get custom made omletts any way you like during breakfast and if there's more than one thing you like on the menu, just ask for each of them.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Beth

I was on the Majesty about a year ago, for a 3-night cruise. It was definitely, a young, party crowd! We took the cruise as a sort of "warm up" for an upcoming 10-night cruise on Princess - and they couldn't have been more different. The Majesty is older, and some of the color schemes are rather dated (especially the aft half of the Windjammer Cafe), but we found everything to be clean and working well. Our cabin was REALLY small - I got a bit claustrophobic the first day, and left the door open while we unpacked. We did get used to this, though, so people in the hallways didn't have to watch us sleep at night or anything. The food was good (not great, but perfectly adequate) - we really enjoyed breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer... we laughed because all of the drinks were either red or green - even the Coco Loco on the island was red! We were turned off by the crew's incessant "Everybody make some noise!!!" With that said, though, we had a great time - and it was more than worth the $199 each we paid for it.

Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 07:11 PM
MK2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To The Top...any recent info? Am thinking about booking a trip on this ship in May.
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 12:59 PM
JonJon

I would go to cruise-addicts.com and read as many reviews of that ship that are there for a start.
People seem to be in general agreement that the staterooms on those RCCL ships are somewhat &quot;small&quot; but don't forget, you get what you pay for...sometimes these very people who complain about room sizes are the same ones who blab about how &quot;it doen't make any difference because I'm only going to sleep there...&quot; Yeah, right!
I have been on five different RCCL ships, both new and not so new and I've never been on one that was dirty or not well-maintained.
And as to that &quot;out of date color scheme&quot;...well, you can imagine what that person's house must look like what with painting every three months...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Enjoy your cruise.

Old Mar 9th, 2004, 03:16 PM

Hi to all ~
My husband and I were on Majesty for the Valentine cruise(3 nights). It was our first and didn't know what to expect. We had a so much fun, and loved it!!! Looking forward to our next one.
We ate in the dining room for dinner each night. The food was so so. For breakfast the first morning we went back to the dining room and was disappointed by the amount they gave you. So the remaining mornings we ate at the buffet and found we enjoyed that more.
Yes, the ship is very nice, clean. The staff was very helpful, friendly, willing to help any way they could. We couldn't believe how time really flew. It was much more than we thought. Remember this was our first cruise and we have nothing to compare it to.
I would cruise on this ship again. Enjoy your trip!!
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 05:10 AM

I did cruise this ship in 2001 for my honeymoon. The food was awesome and so was the entertainment. The ports were mediocre and because of that I would not this ship again. It was our first cruise and it could have been dampered because we were away at 9/11.
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 02:01 PM

I agree with the ports of call on Majesty. I was on her Dec. 2003. The rooms are very small. Luckily we had a balcony cabin so our room was fine but my parents room on Deck 6 was tiny, tiny, tiny. Food was mediocre but the service in the dining room was great. It is a great choice for someone who is short on time and wants to cruise.
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 02:12 PM

Although it has been quite a long time ago,my memories of the Majesty are not good. The food was at best mediocre and the cabin was the smallest I've ever stayed in. Inspite of this though, we had a good time.

You may want to check on www.cruisecritic.com for some recent threads and information. If you're really really on a tight budget it is probably a good choice....beats staying home!