Rhine-Moselle River Cruise

Apr 9th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Rhine-Moselle River Cruise

We're going on the Rhine-Moselle cruise in early July with Grand Circle and just wondering if anyone has done this cruise. Any shore excursions not to be missed and/or can it be done on your own? Also wondering what are the 'must sees'. Any responses will be appreciated--good, bad or ugly. Thanks, Geri
Apr 9th, 2008, 11:32 AM

There are plenty of responses for your questions if you'll search this forum...lots of people have written in about river cruises....we've not used Grand Circle, but as far as I know, all shore trips are included, as are the tips...at least on our Tauck river cruises they were....a fantastic trip!
Apr 9th, 2008, 02:08 PM

Check out the river cruise section on Cruise Critic. It has a lot of info on river cruising.

I have not done the Rhine-Moselle, but I have done several other GCT river cruises. Their catalog and web site are very detailed and lists what is included and what is extra. Enjoy your trip.
Apr 20th, 2008, 07:48 PM

Just returned from an Amadeus Waterways river cruise along the Rhine and Moselle rivers. With Amadeus all excursions were included and wonderful, so can't help you there if yours aren't. Most places you will visit will be small enough and close enough to the city/town that you can get yourself to the old town and find your own way about. Lovely cruise along these rivers and the scenery is wonderful. Have a great trip, it's very relaxing and incredibly scenic.
Apr 25th, 2008, 08:29 PM

geribrum: We did this same Grand Circle cruise late June/early July last year and loved it. We had some cool, rainy weather and did not get to sit on the top deck to watch the world go by but otherwise everything was great. Not all shore trips are included. We are in FL for the winter and my pictures and notes are back in Chicago so I can't recommend which tours to go on. I just hope you enjoy it as much as we did.