Recursions for Costa Maya

May 5th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Debbie

Recursions for Costa Maya

Does anyone know of good excursions, or things to do during our stop at Costa Maya? We will be traveling on the Grand Princess the first week of June. We plan to snorkel and see the stingrays at Grand Cayman, and snorkel at a reef at Cozumel. Any other suggestions?

May 6th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Nanette

Hi Debbie:

We were in Costa Maya a couple of weeks ago. We LOVED it. What a neat port!

For 30 bucks per person, we went to Uvero Beach for the day. (Jungle Beach Break).... beautiful water, open bar, decent food. Had a blast.

You can check out some pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/nononanette/1

We were also in Grand Cayman (EDEN ROCK snorkeling!) and Cozumel. You can read more at:

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/O...4&m=8363083405

Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:15 PM
Liz

Nanette:

I loved your photos! You looked like you all were having a great time!

Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:38 AM
Lenore

We took the shorter Mayan Ruins excursion which was quite interesting. There were several pyramids and other newly escavated buildings, and they allowed us to climb them all. My legs were killing me the next day, but it was a great shore excursion! We got in plenty of time to shop at the circular plaza at the pier.

Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:24 PM
Paul Therault

Before you climb to the top of a pyramid check with those that have completed their climb since once you get to the top and look down and do not see any stairs you know you might have made a mistake.

Paul

Jul 24th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Pam

That is quite a true statement, Paul! I have climbed the pyramids in Egypt, scaled Ayres Rock in Australia, etc. but the Tulum Pyramids had the scariest affect on me. Looking down from the top, you don't see any steps. I had to turn around and crawl down backwards until I got closer to the ground. Really an experience!!

Jul 24th, 2002, 09:34 PM
Paul Therault

It's fun though and more fun to watch people coming down.

Paul

Jul 26th, 2002, 08:02 AM
marianne

My husban and son hated Costa Maya--it is just a tourist trap--but had the weather been better I am told that a short cab ride away are beautiful beaches--have fun

Jul 29th, 2002, 06:49 AM
mary

We're are going to be there in the fall and would like to go to the ruins. Did you take the ship excursion (and how much$$) and/or can you do it on your own.

Jul 29th, 2002, 10:09 AM
Ray

Do it on your own. Lots of taxis wiating and will be cheaper than the ship's excursion.

Jul 29th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Patty

Ray,
Do you remember what the taxi's charged for a half day tour to the ruins? I've been doing some research on this port and it sounds like all of the taxi's here are regulated by the port of Costa Maya and the rates are fixed.