Costa Rica vs. carribean islands?

Jul 21st, 2002, 01:12 PM
K

Costa Rica vs. carribean islands?

Have been to grand cayman twice(great place) and now am planning another vacation for my family of 5. Three kids(17,15,7). Would like to try Costa Rica for a little change. Could anyone recommend any nice beach front resorts. Also is there much snorkeling or scuba diving on the island, if so where do you recomend?

Jul 21st, 2002, 01:19 PM
Susan

Did you know that Costa Rica is not an island? It is located in Central America with Nicaragua to the north and Panama to the south. It's been several years since I was there, but I remember the wildlife being amazing. I don't recall a lot of snorkeling though.

Jul 21st, 2002, 10:20 PM
Kim

Yes there is snorkeling in Costa Rica, but didn't see much scuba diving.
It is a great place to snorkel.
We went snorkeling near Playa Hermosa.
Ask someone at a hotel there and they'll tell you where.

Kim

Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:32 AM
Robbie

There s snorkeling and scuba diving here. The most famous is at Isla Coco, whch is a reserve off shore that requires a several hour boat ride. Beautiful, pristine, etc.
The other place where there s some good scuba is in the Drake's Bay area. The only vendor I know of there also has an office in Quepos.
Best wishes!
Robbie
[email protected]

Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:39 AM
Tia

Been to Grand Cayman (Fabulous place) and Costa Rica this past March. Both were equally wonderful, but vastly different. Didn't snorkel in C.R. as there were too many other things to do. I thought Cayman was more of a place to relax and have beach time where C.R. was more of an adventure type trip with lots of hiking, jungle, animals, etc. We did have beach time in C.R., but I didn't think the beaches came close to those of Grand Cayman. If we go back to C.R., we may consider skipping the beach scene as I thought the interior was more interesting. We did see lots of wild life near the beach area, though. I wouldn't blink an eye at going back to either C.R. or Cayman!!

Tia