Search

any info on Meridia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Donna

any info on Meridia

I am staying at the aventura spa palace.I WOULD Like to go to Merida for a day trip.Has anyone gone at this time and will the citys be decorated for Xmas?

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Mary

Donna, Merida is a beautiful city. Although, I have not been there at Christmas, I am sure it will be decorated-if anything there are so many huge old beautiful cathederals. Not sure a day will do it-takes about 4 hours by car if you take the super highway and 5 by bus(which is the best way-they are big, clean, comfortable and with air. If you could go over Sunday morning early, spend the night and come back early Monday morning. Sunday is market day and all of central Merida has wares, food and entertainment and the streets are closed off. I imagine this event is even better at Christmas. have fun!

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Susan

I agree with Mary. It seems like a very long day trip. You'd be better off trying to spend the night there. I'm sure there are many reasonably priced hotels, so even if you're staying elsewhere, you could maybe spring for the night. Merida is a nice place to visit.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 03:59 PM
jorge

are we talking about Venizuela..

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Monica

No Mexico-Merida is the capital of the Yucantan

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 05:03 PM
rex

I live in Merida about 3 months a year...usually around xmas time. City is very decorated for the holidays and there are lots of musical activities in the centro. Just a day trip would be a shame...everyone who comes for the day wishes they could stay longer.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:26 AM
Sant

Merida is a relatively hidden jewel. Nice city with lots of interesting architecture, friendly people, and great food. The numerous outdoor cafes serve excellent food, great for the people watching, and the prices are reasonable. I spent two weeks in Merida and the surrounding area in 1996, during the Day of the Dead holiday. Very interesting.