Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

RCC compared to Carnival for seniors? Anyone been on both?

Jan 29th, 2004, 01:52 AM
Original Poster

Been on RCC Enchantment, we are around 45 with three kids. Want to let the kids try Carnival during Feb break. If we go with seniors, will they enjoy it. How does the RCC experience compare to Carnival. RCC appeared fine for seniors. Anyone been on both?
Thanks
Ken
Jan 29th, 2004, 01:46 PM

I have been on both. I see no reason why the seniors would not have a good time. There were seniors on board and they seemed fine to me. Carnival has a reputation as a young partiers paradise but I don't see it that way. We also liked the food on Carnival alot more than RC. Good luck!
Jan 30th, 2004, 01:34 PM

Both cruiselines are excellent. Some people say that Carnival is more party oriented and RCC is more elegant. I didn't see it that way. They both have a party atmosphere if that is what you want and they both are fine for seniors or calm if that's what you want, too. It is what you make of your time that determines that. If I had to choose, I would pick Carnival because the employees are more laid back and friendlier in my opinion. The food is way better on Carnival. Have fun!
Jan 30th, 2004, 03:35 PM

There were plenty of families and seniors on our cruise. Everyone looked as though they were having a great time. Our cruise was not full of hordes of drunks as some make Carnival out to be.
Jan 30th, 2004, 04:27 PM

Agree with gotribe (are you a Cleve. Indians fan?) about this unreal rep. Carnival has. Not even close to what we have experienced.
Jan 30th, 2004, 06:07 PM

Ditto! I happen to enjoy Carnival very much, and prefer their food and friendly staff over RCCL tenfold!
Jan 31st, 2004, 07:42 AM

jacketwatch, yes, I'm from Cleveland.
That's how I picked the name.
Jan 31st, 2004, 02:01 PM

Thanks GT!
Feb 2nd, 2004, 09:54 AM

Now 45 is not what i would consider a "senior", but I have been on both lines and they are very similar. if you liked RCCL, Carnival is kind of the same. In general, the newer the ship, the nicer it is.
Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:18 AM

While I am not a senior, I do not find Carnival to be a big party boat. I am not a partier and end up falling asleep pretty early in the evening (10-11 ish) and never have I had anyone wake me up. I think they would have a great time.