Reload this Page >

RC cruise line Dress code

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 11:33 AM
pam

We are leaving for a S. Caribbean Cruise in several weeks. I have received all info on dress. I see there are 2 "formal" nights. My question is just how "formal" is formal. We have never sailed RC. I don't to want feel out of place. Is the basic black dress with a sparkling jacket o.k.? My husband is fine in a dark suit. We are not by nature overly "dressy" people. Thanks.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 12:00 PM
mark

You will be fine with what you have planned.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 02:31 PM
dede

Your choice of clothing will be just fine for any formal evenings on board. The classic black dress is always appropriate for any black tie occasions as well as a nice dark suit for the gents.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 11:52 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Pam,<BR><BR>On RCCL I see many men with nice blue blazers with assorted colors of pants on formal night. I also see some with different colored blazers.<BR>Also some without ties. I also see some women in pant-suits. It is not the dress that is asked but many seem to be rebelling aginst the formal policy on many cruise lines.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 04:45 AM
Lew

There has been a complete discussion of formal dress on Cruise Critics on the Carnival, Princess, and RCL boards during the last 3 months. <BR><BR>The battle boils down to the slobs vs the snobs.<BR><BR>The snobs advocate either tuxs or dark suit for men, and long or &quot;fancy&quot; dress for women.<BR><BR>The slobs advocate althing above BVDs, including jeans.<BR><BR>Paul's statement about &quot;rebellion&quot; is not germaine. What is germaine is how you feel about yourself and others in your company.<BR><BR>Your &quot;middle ground&quot; should work with both factions.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>