Reload this Page >

Radisson Diamond anyone?

Search

Radisson Diamond anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 10:30 AM
maria

Radisson Diamond anyone?

I will like to know if someone can tell me their experience at Radisson Diamond. I am planning to book a Baltic cruise.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 02:36 PM
joann

Maria<BR>If you haven't sailed with Radisson before you will love this line and this ship in particular. We sailed from Copenhagen to Lisbon on her through very choppy English Channel and didn't feel a thing. The dining room has great windows and many tables for 2 (open seating when and with whom you wish) and DonVito's alternate Italian restaurant is not to be missed! The cabins are all great - take a balcony if you can get one. You can have every meal in your room if you wish - served course by course. All tips are included as is wine with dinner and bottled water/unlimited soft drinks. There is not much in the entertainment category but you won't miss it with the great ports you'll be visiting. Enjoy!

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 04:57 PM
maria

Thanks for your input. When did you travel? I am planning May but I do not know if it will be still too cold.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 02:17 PM
joann

Maria<BR>We sailed in August of 1997. It was still kind of cool in the Scandanavian countries. The Diamond has since been redone. We're sailing again on her next month on the 4night Caribbean cruise. If you e-mail me I can give you information that I don't think I'm allowed to post her in reference to a great agency I found on-line.

Old May 12th, 2002, 06:31 PM
Adelle

We sailed on the Radisson Diamond last September, 2001 (Sept 21 - Oct 2) from Rome to Istanbul. We had only 133 passengers since so many people cancelled after 9/11. Therefore, the atmosphere was very quiet and low key onboard. We did have a good mix of age groups - some younger (late 20's - 30's) some middle-aged (like me!) and some couples in their 60's or older. The service was the best that we have had on any cruise line in the past. The ship was very nice even though our stateroom was showing a little wear. We had a deck nine balcony stateroom. The wine served with dinner was very good. THe food was very good also. Our only complaint was that coffee - not good at all. I switched to tea. It may have been the water. I enjoyed the cocktail parties much more on this ship than on any other cruise line - much more intimate. The evening entertainment was okay but not great. This was fine with us since we are not much for late night activities, especially since we were so busy sightseeing during the day. One afternoon we were able to jetski in the Mediterranean. What a wonderful experience. I didn't realize how much more enjoyable the cruise was without being dollar and dimed for everything. However, now that I am considering another cruise, I think I will go back to Radisson and try the Song of Flower.<BR>Can't beat the service and the value.<BR><BR>5 years ago we took a Baltic Sea cruise on RCCL. The ship was beautiful but too big. We had a very nicve large cabin with a balcony. However I swore I would never take an Rccl cruise again. The sevice was not good. The food was fine, and the shore exursions were great, but for the cost of the cruise we were very disappointed in the quality of service. <BR><BR>Get a private car tour in St. Petersburg if you can. That was our greatest experience on that trip. The ports are so interesting on the Baltic cruise. A business associate of mine from Sweden met us at the ship in Stockholm and took us around. We enjoyed seeing Stockholm from a residents point of view. You should have a great time on the Diamond.