Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Has anyone booked through Galaxsea or cruisestar.com?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:30 AM
nancie

Help! We are trying to decide where to book our cruise. I found a great price through Galaxsea cruises (located at www.cruisestar.com). Has anyone booked through them? Are they reliable? I am a little bit nervous about booking over the phone or online, so any help would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Nan

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Bob Levinstein

Nan:<BR><BR>I don't have info. on either. However, I recommend that you call cruise.com. I found their prices lower than anywhere else I tried, and service was excellent. (Worth a phone call, anyway--if it's not less expensive, no harm done).<BR><BR>Good luck!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 10:20 AM
nancie

Thanks Bob - I just tried cruise.com, but the price was higher. Oh well, can't hurt to try!<BR><BR>Anyone else?

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 02:11 PM
deb

Nancy, we are booked on the Grandeur of the Seas this July and we used Galaxsea Cruises & Tours. I spoke to an agent named Elaine and booked through her. The price was so good that I called my local agent to see if she could match it but she couldn't. My agent did tell me that they have been around for a long time and I shouldn't be afraid to use them. So far all we've done is pay our deposit. I guess we'll have to wait until July to know for sure. I do know that if you book and then cancel, they retain $50 per person of your deposit but it is used against any other cruise you book with them. Good luck. I hope we both are making the right decision.

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:54 AM
nancie

Well, we did book with Galaxsea, and got a great price. We have not received our tickets yet, but the cruise is not until the end of June. My fingers are crossed!