QM2 embarkation

Mar 1st, 2006, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

QM2 embarkation

I understand that QM2 will change the port of embarkation from Manhattan to Red Hook in Brooklyn. Does anyone have information about this especially when it will become operative.
Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:09 AM

I'm sailing on the QM2 on 4/23 (from Southampton to NY) and was notified by Cunard that the Brooklyn terminal will be used starting April 06. It used to be so easy to zip down the west side highway from CT to the pier...now I have to figure out how to get to the new terminal!
Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:35 AM

This should help - - -

http://www.brooklyncruiseguide.com/
Mar 4th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Thank you luv2fly. That's certainly a lot of useful information. I too was only recently informed of the change together with Cunard's passenger registration form. I just wish they had not kept this from the public until now. They must have known for some considerable time that it would come about. I would not have booked into a New York hotel for the period prior to embarkation. As it is , with luggage, I will have to take a taxi to Brooklyn which seems quite a way from Manhattan. [I am not familiar with New York] . Still, there it is, and one can't do anything about it except complain, whichfrom past experience, is useless with Cunard.
Mar 16th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Suerich68

Red Hook area of Brooklyn is not that far out of Manhattan but you might want to stay near the airport & just go directly to the terminal from there, unless you plan to stay for several days. In that case, you're better off being in Manhattan.

Search this Thread