PAUL: HOLIDAY formal night

May 14th, 2002, 06:18 AM
Molly

PAUL: HOLIDAY formal night

Hey Paul: Re formal dinner night on the HOLIDAY 4 night cruise: Can you let me know the dress options for women? Is it pretty much anything but shorts since it's only a 4 night cruise? I appreciate your help!

May 14th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Cruiser

I may not be Paul but I have been on a four night cruise and a three night. No matter how many nights you have to dress up for formal night. For women a cocktail dress, something you would wear to a wedding is best.

May 15th, 2002, 12:47 AM
Paul Therault

Hi Molly,

It is great that on any ship the women usually look outstanding. Can't say as much for the men.

Cruiser is correct about the cockail dresses (not too many gowns on the shorter cruises). Exception are the cruises to Canada out of NYC, they have the most elegant locals both male and female.

Paul

May 15th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Molly

Thanks Cruiser & Paul for the info, I don't dress up very much in "real life" so look forward to doing so on the cruise! Have a great day/evening!

May 22nd, 2002, 05:52 AM
Debbie

We found that it's also a great photo opportunity for our family. Rarely do we ever get dressed up together & take a nice photo unless it is a wedding!

May 22nd, 2002, 10:52 PM
Paul Therault

Good point Debbie. Photo opportunity is one of the highlights of a cruise. Have the staff take as many prints as you like in many different areas with many different backdrops and you can choose the one that you like the best. Just by loooking at everyone's photo the ones that look the best are the one that are dressed the best.

Paul