Reload this Page >

Expectations of a good cruise

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2002, 02:24 PM
julie

What do people go cruising for? The weather, change of scene, food, luxury? What? For me, we go to be together, enjoy a home away from home with no hassle, and get a glimse of another world...then if we like it, we come back for more in a car...to see the details. What do we do...we play "Trivial Pursuits" with the gang, meet new people, have time in the Library, the Gym, Pool, and deck chairs. How about you? What is the best part?

Old May 22nd, 2002, 05:20 AM
Marlene

That's a no-brainer for me. I get to go somewhere for a week or more and not have to make beds, clean bathrooms,plan a menu,cook it,serve it or clean it up and it tastes good! There's no "where are we going to eat" like on land vacations and the same goes for entertainment. It's not perfect but close enough for me.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 11:06 PM
Paul Therault

A floating resort where the scenery changes every day. Things to do on rainy days. Ahhh the spas, especially Steiner. Getting a chocolate ice cream sundae at dinner by just requesting it. Getting a pina colada or a strawberry daquiri that really tastes like one. Having your stateroom cleaned twice a day.<BR>Having a romantic brunch on your balcony at night. Dressing up on formal night and seeing how elegant everyone looks.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 01:43 AM
thule

Now, Paul, I have occasionally agreed with you and been on your side in the past - this one's hard to swallow though. Steiners? One of the biggest cruise rip-offs there is. Hard sell of lotions, etc; poor "massages", extremely high prices...<BR>And "brunch on your balcony at night" at Night? Brunch = Between Breakfast & Lunch. At night?

Old May 23rd, 2002, 06:12 AM
Peter

Thule - remember - look at the times Paul posts and you'll see that breakfast for him is 9:00 PM and lunch is 3:00 AM.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 06:18 AM
Who

I think that Paul is out on the west coast for his posts to be so late. They use EDT to list the time of the posts, so his 3AM post is really midnight for him. <BR><BR>The plot thickens. Hey, he just might be Paul Reubens!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 09:24 AM
Faina

Hey, Who, don't offend us, west-coasters by placing Paul here! Vote him off Pacific coast!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 12:19 PM
Melissa

BACK TO THE REAL TOPIC - not Paul's popularity pole!!!!!<BR><BR>I love to cruise for the fun games, wonderful entertainment, tons of activities, scenery, the wonderful wait staff, food.<BR><BR>I hate to cruise because of all the pounds I am forsed to loose when I return home.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 05:09 PM
Kimberly

Hi everyone, I have been reading the posts from cruisesonly (mytravel) and I have learned about this website. I am new here and like most of you have mentioned your expectations of a good cruise, I agree. I just recently came back from a cruise on the Carnival Pride (5/11-18)and to sum it up, I was just spoiled with the service, food, entertainment, balcany staterooms, deck parties. What was beautiful at night was when I went out on the balcony with the air and watching the stars; it was so relaxing. I was overhwhelmed with the whole ship. I am looking forward to cruising again next year around the same time.