Search

norwegian cruise line Bed Bugs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2019, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
norwegian cruise line Bed Bugs

ddale44 Langley City, Canada
NCL beware cruise gone bad Bed Bugs!!!!!!!
We were looking forward to a relaxing cruise bitten from head to toe by bed bugs NCL refusing to replace the cruise with another. itched the entire cruise both my wife and myself. They gave a dinner and offered a small dollar amount. this does not even compare to the money put out by ourselves. Damaged clothing from laundering all our items,Airfare, accommodation, gratuities and cruise costs. did not ask for the entire costs involved but a reasonable replacement but no was the answer. Why do they not care about customer relations I guess we along as others are just nobodies. If everyone told 2 people and they told 2 people it would go on and on then maybe they would change there customer service and start to care about there customers. this was decided by head office so there current attitude reflects on all of there sailing mishaps. check there reviews!!!!
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 02:01 PM
ltr

Can you tell me which ship this was? I am taking a NCL cruise on the Bliss at the end of April.
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 02:17 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Terrible customer relations. You deserve more comprehensive compensation.
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 03:15 PM
Original Poster

it was not on the Bliss it was on the Gem
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 03:22 PM
Original Poster

I agree, was not looking for anything more than just a replacement cruise of equal days, gratuities (as I paid gratuities on the cruise),1 perk as a good faith by them.
And yes the total of under $200.00 for the shrunk clothing that there Laundry department shrunk.
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 03:27 PM
ltr

That is a poor response from them. I am really sorry to hear that they are willing to ruin their reputation by ignoring something within their control.
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 05:20 PM

Bed bugs are fairly easy to confirm. Did ship staff confirm? Did you get photos of bugs, stains, eggs, etc.?

Here is a link to a settlement last year NCL made to someone else. https://www.elliott.org/is-this-enou...-compensation/

Keep in mind there are attorneys in specialize in cruise ship torts and legal firms that specialize in bed bugs, wherever the source. I am sure you can talk to them without cost and they make agree to take a case for a percentage.

Also, keep in mind that even the best cruise ships and 5-star hotels are not immune from bed bugs. They generally are brought onto cruise ships by a passenger (who probably got them from a hotel). One of the reasons you should never put your suitcase on a bed. Having said that, we have never been impressed with NCL; as a former hotel owner, we had an active program to watch out for bed bugs; and I believe their compensation offer is ridiculous.

Last edited by whitehall; Jan 13th, 2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

Im not the only one that has encountered bed bugs check out the link above