New Year's Cruise on the Breeze

Old Jan 13th, 2019, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Year's Cruise on the Breeze

We finally went on another New Years Eve cruise. My friends and I like the islands on the Carnival Breeze New Years cruise. Five of the eight met in Cocoa Beach Florida. My group arrived at 3 AM Friday morning staying at the Cocoa Beach Suites and another two flew out of Columbus and arrived at 9 AM at the same hotel. We wouldn't stay there again because of the price and not cleaning the room, just changing out the towels.

Cocoa Beach is a cute little beach side town with the usual gift shops and restaurants all on a main strip. The beach is clean with soft sand but the water is brownish. There were chair and umbrella rentals but we just wanted to see the beach and look around. A few in my group shopped at Bealles outlet and got some really good prices on swim suits and dresses.

Embarking was exceptionally easy. We arrived from the hotel around 11:45 AM handed our bags to the porters and went into the terminal. The line moved very quickly. We went up as a group of three with our passports and information, I didn't print mine out but there was a women with a hand machine that printed out boarding passes after we got off the bus. Less than ten minutes, pictures taken, passports swiped, we put our purses on the ex ray machine and sat in the section of our plastic boarding pass. After sitting for less than fifteen minutes, our boarding number was called. We walked over took the first picture of the day and up to the ship. Our keys would be in the holder by the door around 3 PM.
We had four rooms, three inside and one outside, 2233, 2229, 2204 and 1208. The rooms were large and comfortable. The room stewards were not around like they usually were in the past. I think they have more rooms to clean.

Our first impression of the ship was how beautiful the lobby was, although a little small. My first stop on a ship is always the Lido deck for some food. The first two days the food at the buffet was better than the food in the Sapphire dining room. If I was a burger eater, I would have eat at Guy's Burger everyday because my friends loved it. The Blush Dining room has good breakfast as was the Guy's Pig and Anchor. I paid for shrimp at the Seafood Shack, seasoned with OBay.

The first day was a sea day. It was a day of exploration. The movies were good on Lido deck, We saw Crazy Rich Asians and the Wasp and the Fly. It was chilly at nights, so you could check out chair blankets and eat popcorn. The entertainment was good with my favorite being Motown and A Movie Songs Show, I know I probably got that wrong but it was really good. We saw the last part of the Lip Sync Battle. The New Year's Eve Party was fabulous, more to come on that.

Our ports, Amber Cove, a few of my friends went on tours, I went zip lining for $20 all day, but I couldn't keep walking up the hill so I did it twice. My other friends loved the excursion to the Puerto Plata.

St. Thomas, all of us took different tours of the island. The first time I was on the island was in 2000 for their carnival. My friend and I went to the tents to shop near Charlotte Amalie. They had great prices.

San Juan is one of my favorite islands. My friends and I just walked around and took pictures. It was crowded because there were several ships in port. We all bought souvenirs. I ran into the cruise director, Donkey in Walgreen.

The last port was Grand Turk. We took a ninety minute island tour. The donkeys crap all over the island with nobody cleaning up behind them. The beach is nice and close to the ship.

The New Year's Eve party was great. There was a DJ and Donkey the cruise director keeping the party live. We found a table and parked ourselves. I went get the 2019 light sticks for our group. The staff was passing them out but people were grabbing as many as they could carry. The Carnival staff began passing out champagne. About thirty minutes before the countdown they were hitting the beach balls. That was fun, I was the only one from my group out there. After three classes of champagne, the countdown started. Streamers were dropped. I hugged everyone in my group and went to bed.

My friends and I definitely enjoyed this cruise. One couple is going to book the same cruise for New Year 2020.

Some Pictures

New Year's Cruise on the Breeze-1-20190105_092857.jpg
Lobby
New Year's Cruise on the Breeze-2-20190104_040903.jpg
Beach in Grand Turk
New Year's Cruise on the Breeze-3-20190102_173553.jpg
Me and Donkey at Walgreen in San Juan

New Year's Cruise on the Breeze-4-20190102_140103.jpg
San Juan from the ship
New Year's Cruise on the Breeze-5-20190101_181622.jpg
Megan Bay Beach St. Thomas

New Year's Cruise on the Breeze-6-20190101_050024.jpg
The Count Down on the Movie Screen

New Year's Cruise on the Breeze-7-20181231_150200.jpg
Amber Cove

New Year's Cruise on the Breeze-8-20190101_050249.jpg
Great way to start 2019
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loved your report and the pictures! Thank you for posting.