Montreal on a Sunday?

Old Apr 1st, 2004, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montreal on a Sunday?

Are most things closed/open on a sunday in Montreal? We arrive mid-day Saturday from a cruise, and are deciding whether to stay one or two addl. days.

Also, input on staying Downtown or Vieux Montreal - close to metro, tourist attractions walking distance?

thanks!
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 12:17 PM

I believe that most things are open on Saturday and Sunday. We always visit on weekends and it has never been a problem. In the spring and summer weekends are frequently filled with fairs and other fun things to do. What time of year will you be in Montreal? Old Montreal is especially nice in the nicer weather. If I were going in colder weather I would certainly pick downtown..closer to museums, good shopping although that could be good at anytime of year. Old Montreal has many boutique hotels which are lovely...downtown has many more large hotels (some of them also great). I guess the bottom line is that all of Montreal is wonderful. We always have a tough time deciding where to stay. And try to have dinner or lunch at L'Express..we never miss including L'Express whenever we visit Montreal.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 05:02 PM

will be in Montreal around may 22-24. not sure of the weather that time of year to stay in old montreal. any input on staying 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 days?
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:43 AM

We stayed in Old Montreal last year over Memorial Day weekend and the weather was great..certainly warm enough to be out and about. If it were possible, I would vote for 2 1/2 days so that you get to experience a bit more and enjoy some great dining.
Old Apr 5th, 2004, 08:52 PM

dear cruisinlady could you please tell me what ship you will be on & whether you will be coming to cape breton with your cruise. Thank you
Old Apr 6th, 2004, 04:51 PM

Montreal has lots of stuff on the go 7 days a week. As far as weather in May goes it is usually warmm (70's) but you never know.

Lots of good hotels in and around the Old port but that being said Downtown is only a 10-15 minute walk or a 3 minute subway ride. I recommend the Queen Elizabeth Hotel(Old Fairmont Properly) or the Sheraton on Rene Levesque. There is also a nice Marriott in that area.