Search

Med Cruise

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Rd
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Med Cruise

My wife and I are just back from our first cruise. We did the Med from Lisbon to Venice on the Splendor of the Seas a Royal Caribbean ship. We have always been hesitant about cruises, what to do all day ?etc but we were blown away. The food was marvelous and the two of us had our own table so no one could bore us and we could not bore anyone else. We are sold and now starting to think in terms of our next cruise.
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 11:22 AM

Good! Welcome to cruising. We also took the Splendour to the Med and it was our 1st cruise as well. Actually I think you will find other ships out there that are superior to the Spledour. What are you considering next? There are plenty of choices. We did Alaska last yr. which was spectacular. There is also Hawaii, the Panama Canal, the Carribean, the eastern Med. i.e. Greece and Turkey mainly, the So. Pacific, etc. etc. Bon voyage. Larry
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 05:56 AM

We chose Celebrity Century to do the Med. based on the ports.. it was wonderful.. Personally we do not like mega ships and found the Century just right... now that it has been rehabbed I'd love to do it again.
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Rd
Original Poster

We are actually considering two cruises. One that commences in Barcelona and visits Southern France and ends in Venice. We then hope to remain on board and continue from Venice to Croatia, Greek Islands, Athens and ends back in Venice. Wish we could go tomorrow but it will be quite a while before we can!!!
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Suerich68

Rd,
We took our first cruise last July 4th week & I loved it. It took my husband years to get me to try it, & now I'm hooked! We cruised again in April; and we've booked a cruise to Mexico in December.

Plan your next one, even if it's not for a while!

Old Jul 6th, 2006, 03:20 AM
Rd
Original Poster

I would love to plan and book already but I suppose deposits are required. We have just come back from a five week holiday in Europe and the bank balance is looking rather terrifying!, Europe is not a cheap place to visit.