Just back from Navigator

Search

Just back from Navigator

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just back from Navigator

Just back today from Navigator of the Seas - Eastern cruise - what a beautiful ship - fantastic cruise. Will try to do a report after I finish my unpacking - but if you have any questions just ask.
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 05:51 AM

I Jode, Am considering same cruise later this year. Had afew questions. 1. If you have been on one of the Newer Princess Ships - how did it compare? We were considering going on a new Caribbean Princess ship that is coming out. Have been on the Radiance class with RCL and really loved it - realize Voyager is bigger and offers alot more. Looking forward to reading your review. Interested to hear about the port stop of Labadee - are the beaches nice there? Can you go to the beach there and not be bothered by islanders trying to sell you things? Thank you.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Original Poster

I have never been on Princess - we have done 8 with RCC and 2 with Celebrity and one with NCL . . .this particular class (Voyager) was by far the very best - - despite the large number of passengers you never had to wait in line for buffet meals, sports, etc. Our cruise was completely booked so there were over 3,000 passengers and yet we always found "alone" places to go and never felt like part of a herd. Labadee is probably my favorite stop - the beaches are beautiful - clear water - we could see fish in knee high water - RCCL provides hamocks and lounge chairs free of charge and a nice lunch with complimentary fruit punch, ice tea, etc. The straw market area is to the right of the tender dock - beaches to the left - so unless you specifically go to the market you will not be bothered by natives. I went to the market and walked through with minimal fuss - the stalls were almost identical in what they were offering - but you can avoide the whole area if you like and have a full and wonderful day at the beach. They rent mats ($10) for the day and you can just lay on them and float around and have total relaxation ! Without sounding like a commercial I just cannot emphasize enough how wonderful this particular ship is - - they have really outdone themselves in every way.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 11:09 AM

Thank you so much for your report! Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the ship. Curious if you have been on the Radiance Class and how you felt it compared? We really enjoyed the Brillance(Radiance class) and am really looking forward trying the Voyager class!
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 12:14 PM

Emhg89

How was the food on the Radiance Class?
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 02:11 PM

I thought the food was good.Considering most is mass produced. The windjammer always had fresh veggies and fruit, made pasta and omelettes per your request. The speciaty restaurants were superb! The only think that thankfully wasn't to my liking was the bread - if it was that good I would have been in trouble.