Reload this Page >

JKF to pier for celebrity cruise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 09:24 PM
pat

Anyone know how far this is? I would imagine taxi`s in NYC are expensive.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 09:49 AM
Cruiser

Pat:<BR> On some of my sailings--the cruise line allowed me to purchase the transfers without using their flights.<BR> Get a hotel with a free shuttle--- and go back to the airport to pick up the transfer the day of sail.<BR> Give Celebrity or your TA a call to see if they do this / which airport/and how much.<BR> Just another option to consider. Happy cruising!!

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 09:55 AM
Jess

A taxi from JFK is $35 to ANY Manhattan location, plus tip and tolls. Tolls would be $3.50 I think. Depending on time of day the taxi from LGA could run that much, maybe a little less. It will take about an hour from JFK assuming non rush-hour traffic, and 30 minutes from LGA. It could be as much as double for rush-hour.<BR><BR>You could try one of the car services and see what price they quote you. I don't know if they have toll-free numbers, but in NYC the two I use are (212)777-7777 and (212)666-6666. Don't bother with the airport shuttles. For two poeple they save almost no money and take twice as much time.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 10:27 PM
Paul Therault

You can purchase the cruise-line transfers but if more than one are sharing the taxi it would be less money. Also, in NYC, you never know when you will run into heavy traffic. <BR><BR>Paul

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 02:29 AM
Starfish

There is also Newark airport. The transfers will probably cost more, but your plane fare could be much lower. There are a lot of internet sites that you can get transfer info. May be worth looking into. Agree about avoiding Kennedy if possible.