Reload this Page >

shore excursions in Cozumel and Grand Caymen

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 04:56 AM
debbie

Hi there, We are on a December Western Caribbean sailing and would like to know the best shore excursions in Cozumel and Grand Caymen. Would like to book direct and not through the ship. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Debbie

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 06:20 AM
Nanette

What do you like to do, Debbie?<BR><BR>If you're a partier, I'd suggest Playa Sol Beach in Cozumel. $19 for the day with an open bar, nice beach, pool, cute gift shops and great massages available.<BR><BR>In Grand Cayman, you can take a short stroll to EDEN ROCK for some of the best snorkeling I've ever seen. You can "set up camp" on the thin strip of sand in front of the PARADISE Bar and Grill. You just step into the water and are surrounded by multi-colored fish. Swimming out, you'll reach a 40 ft. ledge that's phenomenal. The PARADISE is a fun place with a fabulous view if you want to go in for a drink.<BR><BR>You can check out pictures of the above sites at:<BR><BR>http://community.webshots.com/user/nononanette/1

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 07:02 AM
Cruiser

Debbie: at Grand Cayman I have done the snorkeling 2 or 3 times. The Atlantis submarine is a great adventure. But I think my favorite has been the boat tour to Stingray City! Taking the small boat to the site and watching over the edge to see the water turn almost black from all the rays following along side our boat. Then swimming with them, feeding them the squid, holding them for pictures, feeling the velvet-like underbody, sharing the same space with them, etc. Grand Cayman is a great stop. I'm off to Grand Cayman in Oct. again.<BR>Hope you enjoy your trip!!

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 04:19 AM
debbie

actually - my husband would like to dive - if anyone knows reputable dive people we could contact? I am thinking of taking the kids on the jungle jeep tour in Cozumel and of course Stingray City in Grand Cayman. Are there any other companies besides Captain Marvin's? Any help or ideas would be appreciated. We are more into seeing local things, nature etc than partying. thanks, Debbie

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 06:00 AM
Nanette

Hi Debbie-<BR><BR>Check out the Paradise website. You'll find a link on it to ABANKS DIVE CENTER.<BR><BR>This is a wonderful location, and just a short stroll from the tender dock. As he's diving, you can snorkel there, or take off with the kids elsewhere.<BR><BR>http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/Paradise.htm

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 05:29 AM
CB

Check out the Port of Call section of the Message Boards at cruisecritic.com. There are tons of recommendatins on this site. We are using Native Way Watersports in Grand Cayman for our Stingray City/Coral Garden snorkle tour as per recommendation from this site.<BR>Happy Travels, CB