Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

How is the best way to get the best price on a Disney Cruise???

Old Feb 13th, 2007, 04:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are thinking of booking a Disney cruise for June 2008, a 4 night Bahamas cruise for our family of 5. I am wondering where to go to the best lowest price because they are fairly pricey. I have heard that AAA and Costco have good deals on cruises also, has anyone else found a great deal for a Disney Cruise anywhere and if so where?? and also how far out do you book to get the best prices??? Also, just to mention, we are doing Disney because we have three kids under seven!!! Thanks for your responses. Carrie.
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 03:08 PM

Disney cruises are expensive but so popular that some summer cruises sell out a whole year in advance. Therefore, book as far ahead as you can. Disney doesn't let travel agents discount their price, just like Celebrity abd RC. You can check with my agent Alex at [email protected]. I know they have groups and lower prices than cruise lines.
Old Apr 19th, 2008, 07:07 PM

When I went, I booked in I think June for a December cruise through Southwest Airlines Travel division. I think I got a good rate; but most of the sites have very similar rates. I think going thru Disney is more expensive.

Just shop around all the travel sites, some of the agencies will offer shipboard credits during different times. It's Disney, so you aren't going to get a really eye popping deal.
Old Apr 21st, 2008, 01:24 PM

We did two Disney cuises when our kids were 3 and 7, then 4 and 8.

The farther ahead you book your Disney cruise, the less expensive it is. There's not much downside to booking as far ahead as you can, other than making the downpayment, because you can cancel and get a full refund 60 days ahead, I think it is. Disney cruises get more expensive as you approach the sailing date.

Once I booked my cruise, I joined Costco, switched the booking to Costco, and I think I saved 10%. It was enough to be meaningful.

Disney cruises are quite expensive for a mass-market cruise, but our children loved them, especially our daughter who loved the princesses. I felt the children were very safe at all times, and the other passengers were like us, families with children. Now that the kids are older we are looking forward to cruising other lines.

If there were going to be discounts, you might hear about them at mousesavers.com

Good luck!
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 01:16 PM

I am going to breath life into this thread as I have the same questions. I would like to plan for a disney cruise with grandchild and family June 2012. If there are any new thoughts to add please do so in terms of booking options and prices. Thanks.
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 08:37 PM

Diann: http://www.cruisecompete.com is the best place to save money. Agents compete for your business, so you get the best offers to compare. As popular as the Dream has been, I would suggest that you book as soon as possible (really). This summer is already pretty well full, so best to get a jump on next year.
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 06:43 AM

Honestly, your best bet for a decent price is to go when kids are still in school.

Expectations of discounts related to Disney in any way need to be understood in the context that when you want to go with school aged kids is when everyone else wants to go, as well.

I know the Disney Cruise line offers attractive deals in February. But, there's a reason for that.
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 06:12 PM

Thanks some people may take there kids out of school but my family will not hear of this--of course it makes sense that it is all about timing. All cruises increase in price in the summer.
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 05:00 AM

Disney always priced high as a kite www.wdwinfo.com

for deals always do better cheaper without a mouse in the

house to save up to 70% on

www.priceline.com www.vacationstogo.com.

Happu Journey,