Hotels in San Juan, PR

Search

Hotels in San Juan, PR

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2003, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in San Juan, PR

Planning on a Southern Caribbean cruise. Would like to fly in the day before so we're not rushed. Hotels in San Juan seem quite high, however, found 2 that seem to be reasonable -- Best Western Hotel Pierre and the Comfort Inn Tanama Princess. Has anyone used either of these two? If so, how are they? Also, are either of these two convenient to the Port? We are sailing on the Adventure of the Seas.
Old May 23rd, 2003, 05:20 PM

We stayed at the five star Condado Plaza in an oceanfront room thru priceline for $72. A taxi to the terminal in Old San Juan will cost you about $15 and the taxi to get to the Condado will be about the same. If you don't know how to use priceline - go to biddingfortravel.com and read their faqs.

Peter
Old May 29th, 2003, 06:52 PM

we stayed at that Comfort Inn.....it was NOT comfortable !! for one night i guess it's OK....but, bed slid out from the wall, carpet ratty, lamps horrible....and the bar at night !! scary.....wouldn't do it again. We stayed there because everything else was so much more expensive !! and we had the one night to stay before our timeshare week started....
Old May 30th, 2003, 03:41 PM

San Juan has 2 kinds of hotels - good and awful. We stayed at the Caribe Hilton last fall and it was fine. They have a great "healthy" cafe (Las Olas) where we enjoyed breafast and lunch several times. Much better than their restaurants. Don't go cheap there for a hotel.
Old May 30th, 2003, 04:28 PM

I have heard from some that the Wind Chime Inn is satisfactory for one p.m. It is close to the beach although not on the beach. I stayed post cruise at El Prado Inn. It was just o.k. The staff were friendly, helpful. It is very old, but the location is not as close to the port. It is in a safe location. I would try that priceline. The Condado is right across the street from the ports. If you can get that for $75.00 a night that is a good deal. I have agree there are 2 kinds of hotels in Puerto Ric. Good or bad. You might find one in between.