Hotel in San Juan

Feb 18th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Hotel in San Juan

Can someone recommend a reasonably-priced (under $100) hotel in San Juan, close to the port? Thanks.
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:33 PM

I would recommend the GALLERY INN www.thegalleryinn.com Rooms are about $145/night. It's a cute Inn right in the center of Old San Juan very very close to the port.
The other hotel I would recommend is EL CONVENTO. This might be pricer but again in the heart of Old San Juan close to the port.
The Parrot Club is a nice place to have dinner and a great place for lunch is El Patio De Sam!
Enjoy!
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:08 PM

Don't remember the price but the Wyndham Old San Juan is across the street from the cruise ship dock and at the edge of Old San Juan. Our luggage had wheels and we just walked to our ship on departure day.
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:43 AM

If your travel dates are set in stone and you are in a position to make non-refundable reservations, why don't you try Priceline. There is a website called www.biddingfortravel.com that helps you make your bid and wining bidders post their winning bids on this site. Recently, the Caribe Hilton San Juan has been won for $75-$90 per night. www.bft.com also has hotel reviews, so it might be something worth checking out. P.s. Dee2 recommended the Wyndham Old San Juan above. Apparently that's a hotel that Priceline bidders have also "gotten" in the past, but I couldnt' find any winning bid information on that hotel, so I'm not sure what price you could get. Good luck.
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:47 AM

I spoke too soon. Looks like a recent winning bid at the Wyndham Old San Juan for a stay in Dec 2002 was $90 per night. p.s. I am not certain where the Caribe Hilton is in downtown San Juan. I cannot comment on whether it's close to the cruise port or not. Maybe someone else knows.....
Feb 19th, 2003, 01:58 PM

The Wyndham us directly across the street. If you can something there through price line for under $100 that is great. We stayed at the El Prado Inn for under $100. With taxes and surcharges it seemed to run more. It was o.k. for 2 nights. It is in Condado.The location was good. You can walk to restaurants or the beach. It is safe and the staff are very nice. You would have to take a cab to the port. I think it was 10.00 one way. So factor in cab fare. Also Wind Chimes Inn is o.k. for something less expensive.