Hotel in Copenhagen

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Copenhagen

I am looking for reasonable hotel in Copenhagen for 1 night before the start of our Baltic Cruise. Thanks for helping!
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:38 AM

I am taking a cruise there in July. I too need a hotel for a one night stay. I was thinking of the Raddison blu royal. Not the cheapest, but every review i see uses the 2 words i like to see.....Centrally Located!!
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:47 PM

We stayed at Scandic Weber, 1 block from Tivoli and 2 blocks from train station. "centrally located". Nice clean rooms, lots of good local restr near by, walking distance to everywhere. Rate reasonable @$150+, good breakfast. Staff speaks English!
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Dear Eschew,
Thanks so much for your help. I have checked out your recommendation and it looks really nice and just what we need.
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 11:19 PM

mmcd29, you are most welcome. We took a cab from the airport to the hotel, about 350 danish krones for the trip ($65) This was last year so the price may have gone up. We also took a cab from the hotel to the cruise terminal, for about the same money. We have to walk half a block to the taxi stand though.

The hotel has free maps and you won't get lost. I traded email with them and they were most helpful.

There is a very nice restaurant right by Tivoli garden. Price and food are both good and they take US$, Euro and Danish Krones. The menu actually shows the "correct" prices. They have menus in different languages.

My recommendation for your Baltic cruise is to get some local curreny for each stop although most tourist places will accept US$ or Euros. The taxi drivers, unfortuantely, did not.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:29 PM
Original Poster

Dear Eschew,
Thanks for all your good advice. We are really looking forward to our cruise.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 01:20 PM

Try the Clarion Collection Hotel Mayfair, central location, room rate includes breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner snack which was more than enough for us, saved many $$$ as eating outis very expensive in Sweden