Guarantee cabin? benefits or not?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2003, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi can someone explain to me the benefit of a guarantee cabin? I am not sure if this is a better way to go or why?
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 08:49 AM

Cabin Gty. is they put you into a cabin at the last minute when they see what spaces they have not sold--<BR><BR>You either pay for an INSIDE guarentee or an OUTSIDE guarantee....<BR><BR>Usually that means you pay for the LOWEST price Inside or Outside cabin and get it assigned just prior to sailing---Sometimes you get moved up a notch,depending on availabilty from one deck to a deck higher-BUT RARELY do you get upgraded from an inside to an outside cabin....<BR><BR>In most instances, I would take an assigned cabin , it it were me.....as I don't want to be stuck in a cabin on the lowest deck at the FRONT of the ship--you are awakened each morning in port by the ANCHOR DROPPING--very noisy..<BR>But,again, that is just my opinion....
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 12:46 PM

Debbie ==&gt;<BR>Here's a link to a pretty good article on &quot;guarantees.&quot;<BR>http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/before/guaranteed.cfm<BR>Basically, you have two choices. You can get an ROS gurantee, which means &quot;Run of Ship.&quot; In essence, you leave it up to the cruise line to put you in whatever cabin they have left prior to sailing. That's way to risky for my tastes.<BR>You can also get a Minimum Category Guarantee. You pay for the lowest category you'd accept. For example, if you select an outside category, you'll not get put into an inside cabin. You may get an outside cabin on a higher deck or even a balcony cabin...but nothing less than the minimum category for which you paid. You may not get a prime location within that category, which is the risk you must accept for the lower price.<BR>It's wise to do your homework at a site such as www.cruisestateroom.com. Know the categories and where each is located on your ship.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 06:04 PM

I book at least 12 months in advance and I pick the cabin I want based on location.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 04:56 AM

I always book a guarantee if it is offered.I am not particular about cabin location.I have even taken &quot;obstructed view&quot; and not been disappointed.To each his own.Maybe its the &quot;mystery&quot; of not knowing until I get to the pier for check in.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 09:48 AM

I always book a guarantee. I paid for an inside 4a guarantee on Carnival's Imagination in January and price went down after I paid, so I got upgraded 8 categories - to an outside window (not porthole!) cabin. Depending on when you book, and you book a guarantee, Carnival can move you up to the higher priced cabins and will try to sell the lower priced ones the closer they get to the sailing date.
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 10:29 AM

One thing to remember when you book a ROS or Guarantee, you may or may not get upgraded. You should be willing to accept the cabin and not let it ruin your cruise. <BR>JimM explained the differnce.<BR>So if you book ROS you can end up with the lowest priced cabin in a terrible location.<BR>If you book a guarantee by catagory, that catagory will be the lowest the cruise line will put you in. <BR>Some cruise lines are better than others with upgrades for people who book guarantees.
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 05:09 AM

I have no problem booking a guarantee as long as I look at the ship and can say, &quot;Yes, I'd be happy with any of those cabins&quot;. I've most recently booked an outside guarantee on the Splendour of the seas. I didn't see a single outside cabin I would have a problem with, saved $300 US per person and wound up with a great cabin.<BR><BR>