Reload this Page >

Grand Princess vs. Voyager

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Wanna cruise

Help!!!<BR><BR>Can someone give me there honest opinion of the Grand Princess versus the Voyager of Seas.<BR>We are torn between the two ships. We like fun are in our early 30's. Have been on Carnival (Fantasy) to Bahamas and didn't like it. My budget & wallet says -Grand Princess, but I'm leaning towards Voyager. If we do Voyager it will be a bit more expensive. Can someone compare the two and which cruise Grand or Voyager did you prefer or like better?<BR>Thanks!!

Old May 27th, 2002, 10:16 PM
Paul Thearult

<BR>You have a tough decision. What you should do is study what there is to do and see on both ships. I have been on both and each is unique. I believe the Princess Grand and Golden are the most beautiful ships at sea, both inside and out. Architecture, lighting, design, flowers, plants, trees. Romantic.<BR><BR>The Voyager is a destination, similar to a theme park. So much to see and do, you will find 7 days is not enough.<BR><BR>Off-hand I would say if you didn't care for the "fun" ship atmosphere of the Fantasy you should sail the Grand Princess. <BR><BR>Paul

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:16 AM
Stephanie P.

Wanna Cruise:<BR><BR>Look on icruise.com and view the Grand Princess. They are going to the Western Caribbean this week. Last week they went to VI. The ship looks beautiful from the deck it is showing. I plan on going Princess in 2003 and definately want to go on this ship.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Judy Schuh

Hi too have sailed on both ships and will be leaving Sunday for my second sailing aboard the Grand Princess. <BR>Both ships are great but they are different. The Grand will cater to an older crowd and offers a wides choice of entertainment - three theaters that go on all night long. <BR><BR>The Voyager caters to a younger and more activites crowd - It offers activities like rock climbing, ice skating, golf etc. <BR><BR>I dont feel you can make a bad decision with either ship because they are both beautiful and will offer you a great vacation. You need to determine whats important to you for your vacation do you want a more laid back vacation then pick the Grand, if your looking for action and high energy vacation they the Voyager is for you. <BR><BR>Good luck with your decision and have a great vacation!

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 04:56 PM
Jane

We've been on the Voyager and the Explorer and liked ships, but totally disgusted with mediocre food. Very disappointing when one of your best meals is at Johnny Rockets for burgers. And Portofino, private dining, was not wonderful either. Princess is way better. Even Carnival food is now better than Royal Caribbean. Just booked Holland America for better food.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 05:30 PM
Theresa

Done Explorer (sister to Voyager) and Grand 2x.<BR><BR>Grand has better food and pools are open 24 hours (fresh water).<BR><BR>Explorer is more beautiful and better laid out.<BR><BR>Entertainment is better on Explorer.<BR><BR>Explorer has more activities but the Grand is more relaxing to me.<BR><BR>I like both but give the nod to Grand just by personal choice. Would sail Explorer again in a heart beat.