Reload this Page >

Galveston cruises with kids?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 08:44 AM
Linda

Hi - I've looked through all the postings on cruises out of Galveston and can't find anyone who mentions taking their kids. I'm thinking of doing a cruise with my 8-year old out of Galveston (we live in Fort Worth) and wonder if any of the ships will have other kids. Would love to hear from anyone who has taken a cruise out of Galveston with kids. Thanks!

Old Jun 30th, 2003, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I, too, am planning a cruise out of Galveston with grandchildren ages 15,13,8 & 3--along with their parents--for next year. Any suggestions and/or recommendations??
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 12:50 PM

Call the cruise lines about the specific cruises and see what they suggest and if they have specific information. HAL was able to tell us how many children were booked on the cruise we recently took, by age group. If there's no school, there will be plenty of kids. (We took a cruise out of Galveston about 4 years ago and our kids had a blast. That was with NCL.)
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 01:08 PM

Last summer I took my triplet grandboys (age 12) and their younger brother (age 10)on Carnival's Celebration out of Galvez. The ship was full of children. We all had a wonderful time! Carnival is"geared" around kids!
Happy Cruisin'!
MB
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 03:26 PM

Thanks for the encouraging info. Although we travel quite a bit, my husband and I have never been on a cruise--he had too many years on aircraft carriers! Are only 2 people allowed in each room? I am thinking about what to do with the 3-yr old.