Follow-Up on Ecruisestore Rant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am scheduled to depart on the Diamond Princess from Xiangang (Beijing) on March 30th.
I leave for Beijing March 26th.

I thought I should check on why I have not received any document package for my cruise as of yet. I called Princess, to be told they were sent February 4th. There seemed to be some confusion about an address, but they showed the documents going to a Uniglobe Processing Center (I don't know how Uniglobe is involved in my booking)

So I have no documents. Phewwwwwwwwwwwww I am so glad the cruise lines have us do so much on-line these days, So there is not anything the ship requires I don't think in the package. Princess rep requested a duplicate set of documents to be sent to my home address, but it takes 10 business days to process and I do not expect will get to me by the time I leave.

I should not be surprised by this. This falls right in line with how this booking has gone. I blame myself for not checking sooner that I will likely not have the documents.

This China SE Asia cruise trip is a huge and expensive trip for me. This has absolutely been the worst cruise booking experience I have ever had.

Ecruise store, horrible horrible horrible!
(am I allowed to say that on here ???)

here is a link to my previous post
http://www.fodors.com/community/crui...e-err-rant.cfm
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 03:46 AM

I'm glad things got sorted out. Enjoy that cruise this so much sweat has gone into, then find another agency! There are many good ones out there. Cheers, Larry
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 10:42 AM

Avoid ecruise store !
I've reserved with them a transat QM2 cruise (may 2009).
I gave my AMEX credit card number and authorize them to charge it for a deposit reservation.
One month later I noticed they had charged the full amount.
One month later again, I noticed they had charged the full amount a second time.
They apologized but declared they were unable to pay me back and advise me to dispute the payment.
So did I and I got the refund from AMEX 3 months later only.
I was given "shipboard credit" as a compensation for these inconveniencies.
When I came aboard, Cunard didn' have got any information about this credit...
I thought I was only "unlucky" till I noticed other customers comments showing that it's not at all a matter of chance but something "systemic" to get cash from the customer.
So avoid them
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 07:08 AM

BAH HUMBUG --top this
1. I just found out that my Sept. 19th cruise booked through ecruisestore.com was cancelled by Celebrity for non-payment. Our cruise was paid in full to this TA. The TA $900 to Celebrity for the reservation, but billed the other $5700 to themselves and DID NOT SEND IT ON TO Celebrity.

2. Our room has been re-sold, so we can't even pay Celebrity and then work to get our $5700+ back from eCruise.

2. eCruise put through another $3750+ charge through yesterday on our charge card

guess they chose us for their cash cow this time

That's over TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS we're our right now PLUS about another THOUSAND re non-refundable flight and hotels.

All suggestions regarding how to warn others about this company appreciated.
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

OMG! It just gets worse. How are they allowed to stay in business and not be shut down, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. My sympathy to you and good luck fighting it.

Keep sharing your story on any website you can.