Reload this Page >

First Time Norwegian

Search

First Time Norwegian

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 03:32 AM
Cookie

First Time Norwegian

Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about cruising on Norwegian. We have cruised on Princess, Carnival and Disney. First time for Norwegian. Thanks.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:06 AM
thulewx

IMHO - NCL one step above Carnival, two steps below Princess, Disney in a class of it's own. I had one cruise on NCL, Wind. Awful. Lots of plumbing problems, food mediocre, entertainment good. 3 on Princess (Ocean) 90% great. 4 on Carnival (charters mostly) poor to fair in all areas. 1 QE2 - very nice, 1 Crystal Harmony, very classy & expensive, 1 Windjammer (different type, but a blast).

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 05:50 PM
Rick

I think it depends on the ship. I've sailed on the Sky and would cruise it again in a minute (have saled Royal Caribbean and Celebrity). The older ships (wind/norway/etc) may be getting long in the tooth.<BR><BR>

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 11:24 PM
don't do it

ncl=no customer love - was on the sun (NE Canada) last year...good (for a cruise line) production shows, ok entertainment, even the touted Jane L. Powell was not that good, she is an adequate lounge singer only, unprofessional by always "winging it" - food and service well below average; poor service from pursers office - if you have a problem they have no authority to solve it, they just shove an envelope and say write the front office - ok i'll say it; they suck big time

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Rick

Not sure I'm allowed to suggest this but I think in order to get the best answer to your question you should go to www.cruise-addicts.com<BR><BR>They have a review section where people who have actually cruised the ship you are planning on cruising give reports.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 04:06 PM
Dona

My husband and I were on the NCL Sun 6/1/02 to the western Caribbean. The ship was wonderful, food good, room with balcony just super. Check out &lt;www.cruisecritics.com&gt; all the lines are listed with loads of people just like yourself to help anwer your questions..DJ

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:21 PM
katie

I cruised on Norwegian sea. The food was good. The cabins were terrible, the entertainment was fair.The ship is in need of redecorating I felt as if I was in a time warp. Everything was outdated. My son had a better room in his dorm. The bathrooms were all chipped the shower curtain was dirty. The towels were terrible so were the bed "linens" the bed spread was an old faded crocheted something. I would not recommend the Norwegian sea to anyone. A waste of money. The pools were loaded with kids and not in very good condition. You had a choice of two restaurants both with the same menu. If you chose to eat at a buffet it was in a little room. They handed you a tray with a paper plate and plastic utensils and the buffet was horrible. Breakfast was cold dinner was good. I could go on and on but I think you heard enough to make a decision.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Patty

I've enjoyed sailing on the new NCL ships (Sky & Star). The main dining food is probably a notch below Princess but alternative dining rooms are excellent (some do have an extra charge though but then again most other lines do too). They are great if you like a casual atmosphere (only one formal night and it is optional) and open dining. If you enjoy dressing up and traditional dining, then this is not the cruise line for you. Stay away from the older vessels unless you are well aware of what you're getting into.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Peter

I am sure you will find positive and negative answers for all cruise lines, but as far as Norvegian is concerned it was the worst cruise we were on ever. We stayed in an Owner suite on the Wind, so we are not talking about the bottom of the line. The service (Butler and Concierge was a farce) and the food......wow, if you like bologna and salami. The food was just the pits. Staff were fighting amongst each other. Freestyle does not work....had to line up every night in order to get a table for 2. They ran out of food along the trip etc etc.<BR>Hope you have better luck

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Norma

My husband and I just returned from NCL's 7-Day Hawaii cruise on the Norwegian Star. This was our fourth cruise, so I feel have the right to judge. PASS on NCL.I was truly disappoited in the food, the service, the entertainment...and forget the FREESTYLE, it doesn't work. Spend your money wisely and go with Royal Carribbean...you won't be disappointed there.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 12:35 AM
Paul Therault

And to think, the NCL Sea is taking over the Bermuda run from Princess. Here goes the cruise industry right down the toilet. Oops, I forgot, the toilets don't work.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 08:39 PM
MauiChuck

There are 2 NCL`s - the OLD NCL and the NEW NCL. The OLD NCL has old dumpy ships, old management, old employees, old passengers, old ideas, old service.<BR><BR>The NEW NCL has new exciting ships, new concepts, new management, new employees, new passengers (thank God), and new service concepts.<BR><BR>Be careful which one you choose.

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Fanci

MauiChuck .... a question:<BR><BR>You said, "There are 2 NCL`s - the OLD NCL and the NEW NCL. .... Be careful which one you choose."<BR><BR>Expand on that, please .. how does one know which they're dealing with, other than the age of the ships?<BR>

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Fanci

MauiChuck .... a question:<BR><BR>You said, "There are 2 NCL`s - the OLD NCL and the NEW NCL. .... Be careful which one you choose."<BR><BR>Expand on that, please .. how does one know which they're dealing with, other than the age of the ships?<BR>

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 08:07 AM
parrot mom

Just got off RC Brilliance of Seas.,. Sales Rep said this was budget cruise ...many goo features, but awfuk overakll e3xperience starting with broken wriswt from slippery stairs at jacuzzi,,I'll take NCL any daqy of week,. CANN ot write moe now,..Paul your nail keeps coming back ,..your probably on tiu right now---oh yes..going to get lawyer.....area has had several accidents

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Fanci

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 09:24 PM
MauiChuck

Its very easy. New NCL is Sky, Sun, Star, and Dawn (and a few more next year). Old NCL is Norway, Dream, Majesty, Sea, and whichever one I have missed.<BR>Separate concepts, separate staff, separate passengers, separate everything. The Old NCL will be dead before long.