First Time Cruiser Needs Help

May 11th, 2003, 03:15 PM
Original Poster

First Time Cruiser Needs Help

Hello, I am someone planning his first cruise for myself, my girlfriend, and another couple. we really want to go either to the carribian or bermuda. we are from pennsylvania sso we would either leave from new york or florida, whichever is cheaper. new york would not require airfare, florida i dont think is too expensive to fly to right now. can anyone help steer me in the right direction towards good deals?
May 11th, 2003, 06:16 PM

If your talking about Bermuda there are many ships that are now leaving NYC for Bermuda. There is even one ship ship that is leaving from Philadephia for Bermuda, but I think it' too late in the season.. Of course there is the combination of a late October fruise tht goes from NYC to Miami and stops i Bermuda..but it's at the end of Ocober
May 11th, 2003, 07:23 PM

Hello,

Bermuda is lovely! There are several cruise lines that cruise to Bermuda from New York City - Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, just to name a few that would have inexpensive rates. The cruises usually spend a couple of days in a couple of ports in Bermuda and then, and days at sea on the way to and from Bermuda.

Have a great day!
Julia Elzie
E-mail: [email protected]
May 12th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

we actually are no decided on eastern caribbean, whats the cheapest way to fly to orlando from the pennsylvania area? jet blue you have to fly at very inconvenient times for the cruise, and i dont know much about southeast's schedules
May 12th, 2003, 01:58 PM

I am also from Pennsylvania and when flying to Florida I generally have gotten the best rates from U.S. Airways out of Philly. Non stop. Go to expedia.com and orbitz.com or cheaptickets. com and see what you come up with. Not sure where in Pa. you are but sometimes flying out of Allentown is also cheaper than Philly. You just have to shop around.
May 12th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

diann i am from scranton PA, on travelocity i actually found cheapest rates out of NY laguardia. I was hoping southeast or jetblue, but it ended up being US air and AA. anyways, the 7 nich eastern carib cruise out of port canaveral on aug 9th is looking like it will be about $1,000 per person including air from NY.
May 12th, 2003, 04:12 PM

Have you looked at cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami? Tranportation to the port is a lot less than from Orlando to Port Canaveral.
May 12th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

how expensive is transportation to the port? i looked at the other ports but didnt like the itineraries as much.