Feedback on Oceania Cruise Lines

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2004, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband wants to book a cruise on Oceania Cruise Lines to the Western Mediterranean. Have never been on this line and wonder if someone on this board can give me some feedback on what a smaller ship like this is like. Have always travelled on the big ships and am worried about the rock and roll on a smaller ship. Thanks
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 11:20 AM

This is their site..http://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_Home...2-cdbd925dccef

Several times a day i receive messages from their board and 99% are very positive..I'm waiting for the new catalog myself.. We want to do a trans-atlantic next fall. what I like about the people who are going on Oceania they share private tours...I think that's great.
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 12:55 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
We rode on the Insignia Rome-Barcelona in April. We didn't have any stormy days, but the ship's movement was significantly more evident than on previous cruises (on 2000+ passenger Millenium-class boats on Celebrity.) Our cabin was two from the forward-most, so we were in a location where the pitching would be most noticeable. It wasn't bad and we never had any seasickness troubles, so no complaints. Of course Oceania's itineraries are extremely port-intensive, so mostly we slept in the cabin, where herself said the ship's movement was quite comforting.

The intimacy and comfort of the Insignia more than made up for any stability issues - a very nice ship indeed.
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 03:52 PM

I did a pretty thorough review of the Regatta (with lots of pictures) that you can check out at
http://www.cruisereviews.com/Oceania/Regatta1.htm
I really liked the ship, service and food and they offer great itineraries as well. However, I have received a couple of negative reviews recently, but I wouldn't hesitate to sail them again.

Have a great cruise!

Tom Ogg
www.CruiseReviews.com
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 06:16 AM

These are good sites to read and get many, many reviews (by people who are sailing with them this spring and summer). They are mixed, of course, But many more positive than negative.

You will find a few posters who have posted the same negative information on every board that I've read. So you just have to decide what to listen to. The 95% positive or the 5% negative!

Another excellent board (with mixed reviews) will be cruisecritics board that deals with just Oceania. I like the Yahoo board really well too. If you need help find either board, email me and I'll give you a direct hit.

The thing that helps me the most is the most recent review I can find. and there are several just days old.

Good luck and happy cruising!

([email protected])
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 03:54 PM

We cruised in May in the Med. We loved it - fantastic experience. We had a cabin toward the front of the ship on 8th floor. Most of the time we forgot we were on a ship. Felt very little, except around 11 pm a few nights when the ship really picked up steam. As someone else mentioned, you're really only moving (normally, at least for European cruises) from 6 or 7 pm on, and then wake up docked in a port.
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 04:58 PM

We were on the Regatta, I think it is, back when it was the R1 for Renaissance. Took cruises in both 2000 and 2001. They were terrific. I have no first-hand information, but I understand that the ship is even nice since Oceania took it over. If so, you'll like it.