Search

Evening Dress??

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2002, 04:10 AM
chris

Evening Dress??

we will be sailing on the orient in early june (italy and the greek isles). i have read the postings, but could not find anything on what was worn in the evening, any advise will help. i also am a foodie, so if anyone could add somthing about the food, it would be greatly appreciated. we are leaving the states on thursday.<BR>thanks much

Old May 28th, 2002, 05:19 AM
xx

What's a foodie?

Old May 28th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Liz

Hi Chris-<BR>We cruised on the Orient Line on an Antarctica cruise and the food was sooo good. It really was the best food I've found on any cruise line. We've sailed on Princess, NCL, Holland and Orient. For evening some dress really special, but most are just nice dresses. Many ladies make their own dress and they fit in just fine. A lot wear pants suits. Whatever you are comfortable in will do. Quite a few wear black and that makes everything look good I think. Enjoy. Liz

Old May 29th, 2002, 04:51 AM
chris

thanks, i am so looking forward to this vacation.

Old May 29th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Billie

For the formal nights, appropriate wear is evening; for informal, cocktail attire; for casual, nice pants suits, dresses, skirts, but NO JEANS.