East Mediterrania Cruise - Tours

Old May 29th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
East Mediterrania Cruise - Tours

We are going on a 12 day cruise aboard the Legend of the Seas (RCI) in October, 2007. Most cruise tips tell you to book your tours directly with the tour guides because is cheaper. How in the world do you find out who the guides are? Our are there other guides who are reputable and reliable? Our ports in Greece are Mykanos, Rhodes & Piraeus (Anthens). Other Ports are Kasadasi (Ephesus) Turkey, Limassol Cyprus & Alexandria Egypt. any help will be appreciated.

thanks
Old May 29th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I forgot to say that the cruise starts in Civatavecchia (Rome) and ends in the same port. We need inexpensive transfers to/from Rome where we'll stay for one night prior to the cruise and 6 days after.

thanks
Old May 30th, 2007, 04:01 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The ports of call section of the mnessage boards on cruise critic has lots of information on tour guides. If one has been used and recommended by several people, it's usually a safe bet.

We found Mykonos and Rhodes very easy to tour on our own. I did some research on-line and in guide books, and off we went.

In Piraeus, we hired Spiros from www.athenstaxi.net and were very satisfied..
Old May 30th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Abram, could you please give me the names of some of the websites you mentioned. I'm new to message boards and don't know were to go.

Thanks
Old May 30th, 2007, 04:43 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There have been a lot of recent posts about tours in the ports you are visiting. If you enter one of the ports, e.g. Athens in the search box at the top of the screen where it says "search this forum" you will get a wealth of posts regarding the sites you're going to see.

Another really good website for cruisers is www.cruisecritic.com Just click on the top where it says "Boards" You can look by the cruise line, or the port for various info.
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:21 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
patandhank beat me to it!