Discounts

Mar 15th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

Discounts

I have been looking at booking an alaskan 7 day cruise for may. I have come accross a many sites online that offer discount rates. I received a quote from one company that would save me about $300 per person.(Comparing the price I got from my local Travel Agent) I am just wondering if anyone knows or has booked with these people before and if you have any experiences. http://www.resortholidayweeks.com
Mar 15th, 2006, 04:07 PM

Do they charge you $299 just for sign up to get quotes?
Mar 16th, 2006, 12:12 PM

Resort Holiday Weeks isn't a travel agency. It sounds like you followed a link to CruiseCompete.com for quotes.

CruiseCompete isn't an agency either--it's a site where various agencies compete to offer you the deals. I believe that there's background informationand and ratings for each agency.

Buying a cruise is really a very safe transaction. But no matter where you book, make sure you ask lots of questions (so you know what exactly what you're getting and spending); use a credit card when you book; and make sure it's the cruise line that charges your card (not the agent).

Good luck!

Mar 17th, 2006, 02:42 AM

triathlete has some very good advice. While I have not, lots of people here seem to like CruiseCompete.com for quotes. They share your request with many large travel agencies who then compete with each other and each provides you with a quote. That way you're comparing apples with apples in the quotes you are getting.
Have a great cruise.
Mar 17th, 2006, 03:28 AM

Key for lower prices is to compare several discounters. Always book with a credit card, get the cruiseline booking number, and confirm YOURSELF the valid booking direct with the cruiseline. Then keep track of pricing trends yourself. Outside of final payment, if you see a drop, immediately contact your booking agent and request the adjustment, be prepared to cancel if you want lowest prices.

I actually contacted the above recommended agent at cruisevacations, and it did not give me the lowest rate, so again, it pays to compare several agencies.
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Well, I ended up booking with this company. No, they did not charge me $299 to get quotes.. the quotes were free. The $299 is to give you access to unused time share weeks at discounted prices. Anyways I am booked and ready to go. I was extremely happy with the price and they were very helpful. Happy with my online transaction.