Difference between Suites and Concierge

Jan 29th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Difference between Suites and Concierge

What is the difference between the service you receive in a sky suite versus a concierge cabin on the Celebrity line (specifically the Century, but I assume it is similar throughout the line)? I would think the suites would be as good or better then concierge, but I have not been able to find that out. Can anyone give me any help here as I am trying to decide which route to go. Thanks a lot.
Jan 29th, 2008, 11:41 AM

The suites are much better than concierge. If you can afford one definitely go with the suite. Concierge really doesn't give you all that much. We have done it twice and won't bother next time. They give you a few amenties like choice of pillow etc etc canapes delivered to your cabin etc. You get all of that in a suite plus you get a "butler" which means a little more personal attention but much more spacious accommodations.
Jan 29th, 2008, 12:22 PM

Never done a suite, but concierge class is no big deal - we picked it for February trip because it was only cabin with balcony available and we were cramming 2 parents and one teen in cabin. (Also on Century)

I think there is a slightly better ratio of cabin attendants to cabins. In any event, service was excellent, although most of our needs were anticipated so we rarely had to ask for anything.

One thing they could skip is the "free appetizers" delivered to cabin each afternoon. Nasty processed cheese and mysterious squishy glob on crackers. We told them to stop bringing them.
Jan 29th, 2008, 03:34 PM

Gail - I agree about the appetizers. I said forget it as well. The one thing we like about Celebrity though is the sushi restaurant every night. We take second seating always so I used to just pop up to the lido and get a selection of sushi to take back to have with cocktails on the balcony.
Jan 30th, 2008, 02:17 AM

Forgot about the sushi - it was one of the highlights of our sea days. And very few kids in the sushi bar at early dinner hour - kids don't like sushi and they were all raising hell in the dining room at early seating.
Jan 30th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for the information on the suite. I have a sky suite booked and I am so excited. Also...sushi is my FAVORITE food. I eat it all the time. Do they have some variety or is it mostly your normal rolls with tuna and salmon nigiri? Whatever it will be, I am still getting hungry thinking about it.
Jan 30th, 2008, 08:08 AM

Hi Dentev
Every night they take part of the lido restaurant and decorate it like a Japanese restaurant. It is quite cute actually. They put it out cafeteria style. There is usually a fairly good selection but not really exotic. Its just a fun thing to do but if you are on early seating you won't be able to eat too much. I think they start the sushi around 6 pm (could change with the ship I Guess) We always take late seating to give us more time in ports etc and they usually put the shows on before dinner for the late seating passengers.
I'm glad you booked the suite - there really isn't any comparison between the service there and the concierge. At least that has been our experience. Have a wonderful cruise.
Jan 31st, 2008, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Traveller
Thanks so much for the helpful information!!! WE do have late seating so we will be able to enjoy the sushi! And we are SO excited about the suite. Should be a lot of fun. Two other questions. Do you know where we can get daily cruise info sheets (not sure what they are called on Celebrity)? And second, have you eaten at Murano's? Can you get advance reservations? and if so...what nights are the best on a five night cruise (with two days being at sea and two in ports - Key West and Grand Cayman). Thanks for any info you or anyone else can give.
Jan 31st, 2008, 08:40 PM

Dentev - If you mean the daily info sheets as to what is happening that day - they are put in your cabin the night before by your steward (of course in the suite it will be your Butler!) The best thing to do for reservations for Murano's is to call the minute you get on the ship. We always do the specialty dining rooms on a sea day. It give you more time to enjoy. Make the reservation a little earlier than the late seating dining time because you want to relax, take your time with each course. Make an evening of it.
Feb 1st, 2008, 08:12 AM

If you go to cruiseclues.com there are dialies for many of the ships. And cruisecritic is very active as well.

Only Elite Captain's Club members can make advance reservations at Murano. We very much enjoyed our dinner there and would have done it twice (the food in the dining room was nothing to write home about) if there had been room but it booked quickly after the first day.

We had a CC on Century and it was so not a big deal. Our friends had a Sky Suite with a great balcony but they did not find the butler service to be something they used very much.

I agree the Gail that the free appetizers were gross.
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:45 AM

We had Concierge Class on the Infinity and the appetizers were fine. Our steward was as attentive as any butler would be.