Diamond Princess Aloha Deck HELP PLEASE

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - I am planning on going on the Diamond Princess cruise 7 nights Kobe, Japan next year.
I have booked a cabin on Aloha Deck - A338 but need your help please. It is under the swimming pool.
I am an incredibly light sleeper and aware of all noise - any advise please on whether or not anyone has been in the room on this boat and how they found it please? Or any advise on other good rooms on that floor - this is interior - on a budget.
Thanks everyone.
Old Oct 31st, 2018, 04:50 AM

If you have already booked and paid, you might not be able to change anyway without a change fee.

There are lots of websites and videos on picking cabins. Just google, how to pick a cruise cabin. Personally, I do not mind inside cabins, prefer to spend money for other things. I do prefer cabins on decks between decks of mostly cabins, so decks 9 & 10 on this ship, and prefer mid-ship. I never book under the buffets or the pool or over clubs, if I can help it. That being said, we usually book cheapest guarantee price, with no choice of cabins. We have been on the absolute lowest decks with inside cabins and balconies in upper decks, and never a problem with noise except from people across the hall. Pool areas are usually quieter late at night than you might think, but there will be some maintenance and moving of stuff in the morning.
Some ships are just quieter at night. Depends on the age of guests and itinerary. With your cruise having a lot of sightseeing, I am guessing, people won't be up terribly late, but that also depends on the age groups. The rocking of the ship is like being in a gentle cradle most of the time, very soothing and easy to sleep. I always miss that.
Old Nov 7th, 2018, 01:39 PM

Hi

I suggest that you change decks and find a room at the aft of the ship. This end is way more stable then the front and arguably quieter. The trade off is that you may have to do a bit more walking. Not such a bad thing given the amount of food consumed! Check that there are cabins above and below yours. Avoid proximity to a laundry and passage doors (near cabin no. A342 for eg.) The doors make quite a racket when they slam! There may be a fee for changing it but if it's not unreasonable I would definitely pay the extra. Contact your TA or Princess direct.
Old Nov 8th, 2018, 11:30 AM

And don't choose a cabin near the lifts. You'll be disturbed by the chatter of people using the lifts and the continual ping of the lift arriving.
Old Nov 8th, 2018, 11:25 PM

Yep good point Marg!
Old Nov 12th, 2018, 01:27 PM

I won't ever book a cabin under a pool deck since the staff start arranging the deck chairs at 6:30 am. They push/pull large towers of chairs and then slide one at a time into position. Thumps, squeaks, etc - very noisy. I've ended up under pool decks several times on different cruise lines due to category upgrades; i complained to the purser's desk each time (more than once) to no avail.
Old Nov 15th, 2018, 08:50 AM

Other than the potential crew dragging the deck chairs early in the morning, you should be fine. You may not even hear it as you are closer to the pool than the deck.
We were on the Diamond last year on a Japan back to back. The first half (south islands) was full of Australians nd the second half (north islands) was full of Japanese. Totally different feel. Even the food selection on the buffet were different. With the Australian, you have the friendly and fun bunch. With the Japanese, you have the very polite bunch, and you hardly hear them but you see them lined up everywhere. If you like to have breakfast in the MDR, you can forget about it. They start lining way before it opens and it will be at least an hour wait if you just stroll up. Try the Ramen station at the Horizon court, fabulous.