celibrity solice Alaska cruise questions

Oct 5th, 2018, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

celibrity solice Alaska cruise questions

Hi, Going on 7 day from Seattle. Inside passage and back to Seattle. Has anyone bought internet before the cruise recently. I'd like to buy 3 days and try but I want to know does it work while at sea? Looks like onboard only 7 day package but internet shows others? Also has anyone been in the dining for Aqua customers. I read possible you cannot order any of the free drinks, tea,lemonade or coffee there? I'm knew to this ship so anything you can tell me would help
Oct 6th, 2018, 08:43 AM

I am sorry I can't answer your specific questions. Others can though. There is probably a Facebook sign-up for Celebrity and one for your particular cruise. You can also join cruisecritic.com and then join the roll call for your cruise. Join cruise.com also. Cruisecritic used to be the only place for roll calls. Now, meet up groups form through several web sites. There are usually many posters who have been on the ship before and know just about everything you want to know. You can post questions on any of these websites.

It has been awhile since I was on a Celebrity ship, but I can not imagine not having tea, water, etc. available at all restaurants.

At sea, internet can be iffy or not available for a few hours at a time, but we hate not being connected with family, so always buy a package for the whole trip. That way, we have it for most of the time. You could probably find connections off ship on port days, but with excursions, etc., that would be really inconvenient. I used to cheap out and want only a day or two, or a few hours. DH says in terms of cost for your whole trip, an extra $50 to $100 to have it available most of the time when you want it is worth it. He bought a package good for the whole cruise last time. There were a few times it was not working perfectly, but most of the time it was great!
Oct 8th, 2018, 09:30 AM

I just did a 14 day Baltic cruise on the Celebrity Equinox this past July. I purchased the unlimited wifi package for one device the first day on board. Originally the idea of the package was primarily for my daughter's use - I'd learned my lesson with trying to pry her away from the free wifi hotspots once we arrived in ports on previous cruises. I figured if she had access to wifi throughout the cruise (even if the connection was spotty at times) this would minimize the issues of finding free wifi in ports as in our previous cruises.

I was pleasantly surprised at the performance and speed of the internet connection during our cruise. I ended up using it myself more than I thought I would. The package was for one device at a time - so when my daughter wasn't using it, I could log in and go online. I mostly used it for posting photos to my Facebook/Instagram and sending emails. Posting a bunch of photos was a little slow as to be expected.

If I recall, you can buy individual days of internet access, as well as chunks of time.

I've sailed on the Solstice twice but never been to the Aqua dining room, sorry.
Oct 11th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

thank you for your reply. It did help me. Catsandra
Nov 15th, 2018, 10:22 AM

For Aqua class, you dine at the specialty dining room call Blu. You have the option to use the MDR but I don't know why you would do that. The food and service is a cut above the MDR and you can have anything you want. Not sure why you wouldn't get tea or coffee there. As a matter of fact, the tea and coffee they use is better quality than the MDR and it is still free.

Perks on the Aqua class includes daily fresh fruit, fresh brew cold tea etc to your cabin. Best perk is your private entrance to the spa. We did not find the special entrance until a few days into the cruise, quite by accident. We used the "relaxation room" in the Spa at the front of the ship every sea day, especially on the scenic cruising portion of the cruise. You also have unlimited access to the thermal room.

Internet is spotty at sea at beat. That's the nature of the beast. With that said, technology is improving nd the speed is getting better, but they will never be as fast as what you have at home. With so many people on the ship, there is going to be a bottle neck.

Search this Thread