Demographics on summer Baltic cruise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff and Percy, if you happen to see this, maybe you can help. Can anyone tell me the dempgraphics of a Princess cruise ship in the summer that is sailing the Northern Europe Capitals? I have three teenagers, ages 13-15-17, and although I realize there will probably not be many families on this itinerary, which is fine, I am hoping there will be some.
Thank you?
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 06:32 AM

Kids love cruising! I know my 16 year old would "die" to go on the cruise you are considering. We actually did it when she was ten.

Yes, there will be families with teens. The cruise is only 10 days long vs 12-14 with other lines. It begins and ends in Copenhagen, one of my favorite cities so make sure you spend a few days there.

You can make the port fun for them by asking them to pick a tour in each city. That way they have a reason to get off the ship.

Feel free to contact me for more information.
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Anne! Great advice regarding their involvement. Our kids do know that we travel to more cultural highlights versus beach type vacations, so I know they will love this trip. Of course, they have each other so that will be enough, if necessary. I will e-mail you directly if I have more questions.

Thanks again!

Patricia
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 05:09 PM

I went August 16th to August 31 ..and I cannot remember seeing a lot of kids..
but then
It was school time in early September.

July should be quite different

Percy
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 03:52 AM

We did that cruise last June. Honestly I do not recall a huge amt. of teens but its a large capacity ship so there will be a fair amt. I think. Also its white nights then so I think your kids will really like that. At least I did.
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your responses. I actually prefer a ship that does not have a huge amount of families, because in my cruise experience it sets the tone for the rest of the cruise, which tends to be more laid back. I am really excited about this trip and all of your advice makes it more exciting!
Patricia
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 11:03 AM

Actually IMHO it was a dream cruise. In fact in one past issue on a travel mag, CN Traveler I think, a Baltic cruise was rated among the best. You will really have a great time. Cheers,. Larry