Crystal Cruise med may 2005

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I've just booked my first cruise and requested single seating at dinner, as I'm rather shy. Would it be better to 'bite the bullet' and join a large table at the risk of feeling awkward?
Thanks
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 03:24 PM

I'd take this as an opportunity to meet others if I were you.
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Thankyou,
I'll go for the table for 8 and at least meet some fellow cruisers.
Cheers from OZ
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 12:27 AM

Many cruise lines will makew an effort to seat singles at the same table. Dinner is a perfect place to meet new people. Also, Crystal Cruises will have at least one Singles mixer during the cruise. Another way to meet fellow travelers is to participate in the dance lessons offered each day, and also on the shore esscursions. Good luck. I think you will have a wonderful time on Crystal!
Old Nov 3rd, 2004, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Athena39, I appreciate your response
Old Dec 5th, 2004, 04:28 AM

Kaiesha-

I would sit at a bigger table. Much better to eat with someone than by yourself. Usually people will welcome you and start the conversation firsts. If not then, you go girl and introduce yourself first.
What cruise are you going on?
Old Dec 6th, 2004, 01:57 PM

You are going to LOVE that cruise - we went on it about 5 years ago.... We had a single woman at our table - and she was great - everyone was very welcoming (other than one snotty couple that seemed to be kind of fighting themselves the whole time). Definitely also take advantage of some of the lectures, etc they have - you're going to LOVE that cruise line...
Old Dec 8th, 2004, 02:01 PM

Kaiesha,
Definately ask to be seated at a large table. I've done 9 cruises single, and find it very comfortable to know that at dinner I will sit with the same people every night. That means one gets past the surface 'where are you from? Where have you traveled?' to real conversation. I sort of feel as if I have a 'date' every night.
By the way, I have a deposit on Symphony for May 4. Is that the same ship you're on? I have to decide if I'm going to be able to afford it by January. I've traveled with Crystal once before, and loved it.

Have you looked at cruisecritic.com? It is a very big site dedicated to cruise information..
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Original Poster

Hello all,
Thanks for your replies. My 1st ever cruise will be on Crystal Serenity departing Athens May23 via Istanbul to Venice.
I'm sooo excited, but at the same time very aprehensive. It's a pity
'Everittp' that ours isn't the same cruise. It would be fun to 'know' someone onboard.
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 12:31 PM

I had the same thought, Kaiesha. If you go to the boards page of cruisecritic.com and scroll down to Roll Calls, all other lines; or to Crystal's thread you may find there some more passengers that are sailing with you. I've never "met" anyone on line before I sailed, but there's always a first time. You will certainly find a lot more chat about various cruise topics there.
Bon voyage.