Search

Cruise to Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 07:23 AM
judy

Cruise to Alaska

<BR>I have just booked a crusie on the Legend <BR>the Sea RC leaving from vancouver to seward<BR>August 23rd. Anyone ever been on this cruise<BR>what can you tell me about the ship and the weather etc. I live in Atlanta, ga. <BR>if anyone is going from here let me know.We also have a 4 day land package included.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 10:56 AM
April

We went in mid-August, although not on the same itinerary. Some people have reported nice 80° weather, but we weren't so lucky and had rain some days. I never got to wear shorts and was glad I took sweaters. Gloves are handy for glacier viewing days. I hope you get to spend a bit of time in Vancouver.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:25 AM
jane

Wish we could go! Have lot's of fun!

Old May 5th, 2002, 07:45 PM
pianomaster

Hey! We'll be going there on Aug. 9th!!! We'll be bringing the two kids (11 and 15) along w/mother in law. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old May 5th, 2002, 10:28 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Judy,<BR><BR>Coming from Georgia and going to Alaska at the end of August ..... safe bet, you will be cold. <BR><BR>Good chance you will get showers in lower Alaska (mostly mornings).<BR><BR>Paul<BR><BR>

Old May 6th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Ellen

Judy<BR><BR>I have been on the Legend to Alaska in August...it was 1995 and the ship was brand new. It was cold, espcially in Haines and Skagway. I don't think they stop in Haines anymore. I went on the Legend again for the Millennium Cruise to Austarlia/NewZealand. The ship was still a beauty and the food and service just top notch. You'll definitely need jackets, gloves, sweaters and jeans for shore excusions and we wore them when we went to Hubbard Glacier. Better to be prepared for cold weather. I'm from the south too and 40 degree weather is cold to me.

Old May 6th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Ellen

Judy<BR><BR>Here's a conection to the CNN Weather site on Skagway. You can start watching the temps to get some idea as to how cold it will be.<BR><BR>http://www.cnn.com/WEATHER/ah/AK/SkagwaySGY.html<BR><BR>Enjoy your cruise, I know you will.

Old May 7th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Karen

My husband and I have been on two Alaska cruises and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. The first one was in 1987 for our 25th wedding anniversary and we took a two week tour/cruise with Holland America. That was the first two weeks of August-no rain, just beautiful weather. Went of a plane, train,bus, and cruise ship, of course. The second trip was in mid May in 1994 and that was only a one week inside passage trip-loved it as well-on Princess line. If you only go once, do all you can and enjoy it.