Reload this Page >

Cheap air from Canada

Search

Cheap air from Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Canadian

Cheap air from Canada

I read about all the cheap airfares our American neighbours get, and I am jealous. In Jan., Montreal-San Diego, Fort Lauderdale-Montreal, I was Quoted about $1200 Canadian by Celebrity. That was about $500 less than I found on my own. Does anyone know where Canadians can find better fares?<BR>Thanks

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:18 AM
BBT

Maybe look at flying out of an American city. I guess you're in Montreal. Maybe a flight out of Syracuse NY would work for you. It can make a big difference. Worth a look.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Dan Sklar

Canadian,<BR><BR>Assuming you are from Montreal, as I am, the last time I went down to the states I flew from Burlington International Airport (BTV) which is only about 2 hours from Montreal. A flight to New Orleans with Air Canada was 900$ CAD, but from Burlington it was only 300$. Try US Airways. If you don't mind relatively poor service, the price is always right.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 10:14 AM
Rick

There are two ways around this.<BR><BR>1) Book with Air Canada Vacations. The last two cruises I took were booked with them and the airfare seemed extremely low (much lower than the cruise lines quoted).<BR><BR>2) As mentioned by someone else, look at other airlines and/or consider flying out of the nearest U.S. City. I've often gotten good airfares on U.S. Air and Continental. Ask your agent to look for a consolidator fare if they seem too expensive

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 11:13 AM
Patty

I live in Florida. I see plenty of license plates from Canada.<BR><BR>You can save a lot of money if you drive down.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 12:08 PM
Paul

A second endorsement of Air Canada Vacations. We flew down to San Juan for a Celebrity sailing. Either the cruise was heavily discounted or the air was unusually cheap. I flew out of Toronto for less than flying one of the $150 charters from Detroit. Something to check out anyway.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 12:51 PM
just

You could fly out of Boston to San Diego and return to Boston from Miami for about $800US total for 2. I don't know what the logistics of that would be like for you. I'm not sure how far it is from Montreal to Boston.<BR>Good Luck!!!<BR>It sounds like you're taking a Panama Canal cruise on Celebrity, my favorite cruise line.<BR>I did not look up Burlington, but it may be the same price as Boston.<BR>If you want to tell me the exect dates and closest US cities, I could do some research.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 01:37 PM
just

It's me again. I could show you how to do the trip for about $625.00US per person from Montreal to San Diego and return from Ft.Lauderdale to Montreal. I'm guessing that's about $900Can? Is that right?<BR>Leave your e-mail in the body of your reply and I will send all the info. And to stop any trolls, no it's not through me or any travel agency that I work for. It's through major internet travel sites. So you will have to book all this yourself.<BR>Hope this helps!!!

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 04:47 PM
Melissa

Unfortunatly because AC has a monopoly in Canda fares are high. I am in NB and luckily we live close to Maine. I send almost all of my cruise clients out of Bangor. <BR><BR>If you want to go with a Canadian company to leave from Montreal, try either ACV or Encore. Both sell Celebrity Cruises. Both are awsome companies. I am a TA, and I tend to like Encore more, and I believe they are a Montreal based company. I only like them more, personally because I like thier res agents better, but both ACV and Encore will give you great service. Just ask your TA. By the way, it is best to take air either through the cruise line, or through the tour wholesaler, because your insurance will not cover changes to your cruise do to air problems, or changes to your air due to cruise problems. If you book the whole trip through a tour operator or the cruise line, then those companies will make sure you make your trip no matter what may come up.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:42 AM
Paul Therault

<BR>Yes, you should try the cruise-line air. Unless you are booking late and the gateway is closed.<BR><BR>Paul