Changes in the Caribbean

Mar 11th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Changes in the Caribbean

We have cruised with RC & Princess and both time we cruised in the caribbean. We've cruised in July, August and September. We've been searching for cruises for this year and not finding any during those months with the above cruise lines. When checking they are showing cruised in May and then not again until Oct. Does anyone know what is up with this? Very confused....

Thanks for any input.
Mar 11th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

the sentence above should say-
When checking they are showing cruises in May and then not again until Oct.

just wanted to clarify. sorry about that.
Mar 11th, 2009, 08:29 AM

I think you should find another cruise agency. Better yet try to do other things instead of going on a cruise. Spend time swimming on the beaches, scuba diving, kayaking, deep sea fishing, etc. It will be a whole lot of fun! http://exploremexicotours.com/cabo.php
Mar 11th, 2009, 12:28 PM

The cruise lines are still cruising throughout the summer months. Where are you searching?
Mar 11th, 2009, 01:41 PM

I just opened Expedia, Cruises, Carribean, July 2009 - pulled up 65 cruises.
Mar 11th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Original Poster

when i'm on princess cruise line website and i search for 7 day cruises-caribbean, it highlights the months mar, april, may and nothing in june, july, august, sept, then the months oct, nov, dec are highlighted again. i even called them and they told me the same thing. so they are even saying there is nothing during the peak summer months. i haven't researched RC that good yet, but i will look further through expedia & others, but it makes me leery since princess told me that. and keep in mind i'm only interested in RC & Princess and only looking for 7 day cruise and so far I haven't come up with anything.
Mar 11th, 2009, 08:12 PM

You are 100% correct about Princess. They only have one ship (Caribbean Princess) doing 9 days round trip out of New York last time I checked. I think this is normal for them as they deploy their ships to Alaska for the peak summer season there.

RCCL has 7 days going out from San Juan but the price is ridiculously high, considering that June July and August are the least desirable months due to temperatire and the potential stormy weather.

Carnival still has 7 days out of Florida. Have you checked out Celebrity?
Mar 12th, 2009, 04:31 AM

Go to the cruise line sites. Granted summers are popular as kids are out of school but I cannot believe all of Princess and RCCL ships are completely booked or not sailing in the summer!!! That just doesn't make any sense at all. Also go to cruise.com, vacationstogo.com and other online cruise companies.
Mar 12th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Original Poster

I guess I do need to check other cruise lines, I just hate changing since we really like these two. Were both pretty low key, not in the party scene at all, we love cruises for their relaxation, pampering, good food, and excursions. Hubby and I are both in our late 40's, kids in college. So any other cruise line recommendations are welcomed.
Thanks again
P.S. I have checked vacationstogo
Mar 14th, 2009, 09:08 AM

You should really use a travel agent. They can do all the work for you and for the same price as you get on the internet or by calling the cruise lines. I talked to someone today who is going on a cruise on Monday and didn't know that the birth certificate from the hospital wouldn't be accepted for the cruise. If she had used a Travel Agent instead of the internet she would have known this. Too late to get a Certified Birth Certificate now!
Mar 15th, 2009, 10:19 AM

Celebrity is very similar in style to what you are accustom to from (RCL & Princess) so they shouldn't disappoint. I personally liked Princess better (especailly any time dining). You should be okay with Celebirty. Part of the fun is to try new things. Right?
Mar 17th, 2009, 05:43 AM

I always start my cruise research at this site: www.vacationstogo.com. They have a great search system (and lots of ship/port information) and from there you can go to the cruise line's websites for further information. I have noticed that RCCL has not published their spring/summer itineraries for 2010 yet. This is unusual for them. Also, several of the cruise lines go to Bermuda in the summer months, so you should also search with that criteria. Good luck.