Reload this Page >

South Carribbean CRUISE- Norwegian Cruise Lines In October

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 1997, 08:29 PM
Patrick Savant

My wife and i are thinking about a S. Caribbean cruise in October; anyone been? any ideas on what to do and see?

Old Jul 27th, 1997, 10:50 AM
Scott

We too are planning the same trip and would also like info. You can post a message on the Carribean BB as well, if you have'nt already. I heard of a deal through my travel agent on Celebrity, Nov. 12th (I think?), $849 pp, with a triple upgraded outside cabin. I think this was a Western. Leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. I have been told that Oct. is still huricane season and not to go until Dec.! Who knows?

Old Jul 27th, 1997, 04:23 PM
Lynn

I definitely would be wary of a Carribean cruise any time before December. You might get a better deal, but run the risk of having your itinerary (and vacation) interrupted by a hurricane. There's the opposite chance that it may never happen, but it depends on if you want to take the chance. Personally, if I'm spending the money for a cruise vacation, I'd spend the few extra dollars to book after hurricane season because this is one thing I would not want to have hanging over my vacation plans. As for the Southern Carribean, it depends on what you are looking for. And, it seems each cruise line offers something different under the definition "Southern" or "Western", etc. Everyone prefers something different. If this is your first cruise, the Southern cruise is a good place to start and you should have a good experience on the islands. They have shopping, beaches, watersports, etc. The southern was my first cruise in 1993. I've been on a total of 4 and am headed on a European cruise in August and another Carribean in January. A cruise vacation is not a mistake.

Old Aug 3rd, 1997, 06:38 PM
jacqui

It's a wonderful experience taking a cruise. If you are looking for alot of interaction the norway is great for a smaller more relaxing cruise the leeward. If you need any help just E-mail me. I'm a pert-time cruise agent in Ft Laud, FL. I can send you some information through mail let me know. You'll have a wonderful time. Taking a cruise for a vacation is the best way to go : )

Old Aug 5th, 1997, 09:31 AM
Krystyna

Hi-I live outside Toronto and have been on 3 cruises to the Carribean. Once on a Carnival ship in December and the other 2 times on NCL in Nov. The weather was always gorgeous! I prefer NCL to Carnival-better service, food etc. A travel agency here (in Mississauga, Ontario) called The Cruise Professionals has the best prices on NCL I've seen. I've enjoyed the following ports: St. Martin, St. THomas, St. Croix, Grand Caymen, Cozumel. I did not like Martinique (French speaking and expect you to be also) and Ocho RIos (people won't leave you alone and I didn't feel quite safe).

Krystyna

Old Aug 5th, 1997, 12:59 PM
PAM

HI,
WE JUST CAME BACK FROM A SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN CRUISE IN APRIL. WE WENT ON ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE LINES. WE LEFT FROM SAN JUAN AND WENT TO ST. THOMAS, ST. MAARTEN, ANTIGUA, BARBADOS, AND MARTINIQUE. ROYAL CARIBBEAN OFFERS THE BEST ONBOARD ENTERTAINMENT THAN ANY OTHER CRUISE LINE. THE SHOWS ARE FABULOUS!! THE FOOD IS ALSO EXCELLENT. WE HAVE FRIENDS THAT WENT ON CELEBRITY AND THEY SAID THE FOOD WASN'T QUITE AS GOOD AS ROYAL CARIBBEAN. THEY SAID THE ENTERTAINMENT WAS POOR AND IT SEEMED TO BE A MUCH OLDER CROWD. THEY HAVE ALSO BEEN ON NORWEIGAN--THEY FEEL THAT THE ITEINERARIES ARE GREAT BUT AGAIN, THE FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT FALL SHORT. CELEBRITY WAS BOUGHT OUT BY ROYAL CARIBBEAN A FEW MONTHS AGO, SO IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT HAPPESN. NORWEGIAN HAS HAD SOME FINANCIAL WOES AND OUR TRAVEL AGENT ADVISED US TO STAY AWAY UNTIL THEY CAN GET FINANCIALLY SECURE--THE QUALITY MAY NOT BE THERE BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF MONEY. OKAY, SO I AM TOTALLY PARTIAL TO ROYAL CARIBBEAN---WELL, THE CRUISE WAS GREAT--THEY PORTS OF CALL ARE GREAT EXCEPT FOR MARTINIQUE-- IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS, PLEASE E MAIL ME!! PAM

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 06:16 PM
yyy

Pam, 1st of all, don't write in caps!!!!!!!!! It's too hard to read! 2nd, DO NOT go in October, it's hurricane season, and any good travel agent will tell you that!!!!!I don't care if it's for free, go before Sept., or after November!!!!! Believe me, please.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 06:32 PM
John

Pam I'm sure Royal Caribbean is fine.
It was, however, the lowest rated of the 12 cruise lines in Conde Nast Traveler's 2002 Readers' Poll.
It may be a little strong to claim "they have the best onboard entertainment than any other cruise line" (sic).
Hurricane season peaks in September-October. Worst time to travel the Caribbean, though rates are at their lowest.
BTW, cruise ships can detour from the path of a hurricane while, of course, island resorts may be stuck in the path.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Time Warp

Um, yyy & John: Has it occurred to you two rocket scientists that you're responding to posts that are almost FIVE YEARS OLD????