Celebrity Xpedition to Glapagos

May 26th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

Celebrity Xpedition to Glapagos

Comments please on the Celebrity cruise to the Galapagos good or bad.

Thanks

Woodie
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:14 PM

I have booked a Celebrity cruise in 2009 because of the good reviews I have read other places. The Celebrity ship is one of the ony ones (possibly the only one right now) that offers verandas, which clinched it for us. However, the cabins with verandas sell out very quickly. I was checking the Celebrity web site twice a day and working with a travel agent.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:55 AM

I returned from Xpedition in early April. Had a wonderful time. The crew is very nice and the ship is lovely. The wildlife and scenery is absolutely incredible-I knew it would be amazing, but expectations were definitely exceeded.

Had heard the food was just ok, but we thought it was delicious. The Ecuadorian themed lunch was especially good...the best calamari I've ever eaten, great ceviche.

Happy to answer more specific questions if you post them here. I've been meaning to do a trip report, but haven't gotten around to it just yet...
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:59 PM

I can't comment on the Xpedition, I used another ship when I was in Galapagos (the Legend). I choose the Legend because we were in the Galapagos for 4 nights, the Xpedition only had 7 night cruises which we couldn't fit into our schedule.

The Galapagos were amazing, this is definately one of the best places I've been.

I was there in April, we had good weather and the water wasn't too cold.

Which time of year do you plan on going to the Galapagos?
Jun 3rd, 2008, 03:37 AM

We toured the Galapagos on the Galapagos Explorer II and had a great time. It is an amazing place to visit. I am sure the Celebrity cruise will be wonderful. We didn't spend much time in the cabin since we typically visited two places a day. Breakfast, shore trip, lunch on board while ship moved to next place then another shore trip back for sundowners and dinner. We were there in August and the weather was fine.
Jun 3rd, 2008, 03:39 AM

I forgot to add a link to our (short) video of the Galapagos:http://bodem.smugmug.com/gallery/491...72_biXAp/Large
Jun 6th, 2008, 02:23 PM

We sailed with the Celebrity Xpedition this February - it is a great experience all-around. They take care of you from the time you step of the plane in Quito until you depart. The food was only so-so, but then again, you don't go for the food.
We took the Machu Picchu extension - well worth it whether you have been there before or not (for the pampering alone).
Jun 6th, 2008, 05:34 PM

I second the mention of Machu Picchu. Well worth the trip. The two make a great combo.
Feb 25th, 2009, 11:41 AM

Do you know what level the guides were on Celebrity Xpedition? Also, did the ship have snorkeling equipment and wetsuits available? Finally, did they book your flight from Quito to Baltra for you or did you do it yourself and how?