Are Spa Packages Worth the $$?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking about in pre- booking spa treatments. Celebrity has packages that range from $350-475. They sound wonderful, the $475 package includes a massage a day. But are they worth it? Can you do a la carte spa treatments? Do you have to pre book them or since we are in a suite can we book as we want once on board? Or is it really tough once on board to get spa reservations?
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 12:09 PM

We usually take Celebrity, and my wife always books some sort of spa package that cost in the neighborhood of $100.

They run specials throughout the cruise, especially on in-port days -- usually 20% off. That's when she books. She swears by them, but I prefer to sit in the lounge sipping a martini.
Old Dec 9th, 2003, 04:48 PM

Keep on mind that about mid-cruise some spa treatments & packagesare 25 to 50% off. I do not know specifically which treatments will be discounted, perhaps cruisecritic.com boards will help. If you are open to different types of treatments you may save alot of $$ once onboard.
Old Dec 9th, 2003, 06:31 PM

Hi
My husband and I will be cruising (our 1st)in February on RCL-Majesty. Does this cruise line offer these discounts as well? How do you know when the discounts start? Also should you book once you get on board or wait until mid-cruise?
Old Dec 9th, 2003, 09:30 PM

I've done the Majesty & they do offer spa discounts. After the first day start checking the specials posted in the fitness center next to the spa where one pays for the treatments. The first one or 2 days may not be discounted but definitely the final two days, with a different special each day. I can't remember what the specials were exactly (did 2 yrs ago in Feb also) but I'm pretty sure a discount facial was offered at $30 one day. Have a great time, we had a ball!

Regarding when to book, hubby & I both set appointments for 1 massage each on the day we set sail. The spa is open and attendants give short demos of the different types of treatments offered, you may want to get to the ship early to just walk around. Majesty was our first cruise also, now we're hooked! Enjoy!
Old Dec 9th, 2003, 09:37 PM

PS I just wanted to add that I have't seen a massage discounted yet, I'm sure that's because it's the most requested treatment. Since there's no way of telling what the promos may be I'd wait to see what heppens with anything other than a massage, but that's certainly up to you. Most of the staff is very friendly Ozzies =)
Old Dec 9th, 2003, 09:40 PM

typo city
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 05:48 AM

It is always cheaper to have a spa treatment when the ship is in port. It is even cheaper if you visit a spa at home rather than on the cruise.
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 09:39 AM

I did Celebrity not too long ago and had no trouble booking the spa treatments on board. A lot of people book up on the formal days, so think ahead for that. They don't give priority for the suites - we had one and it didn't help. They got really pushy about purchasing products after the treatment, so "just say no!".
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 10:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. On the Celebrity website there are different spa packages, without prices. I called and was given the prices....the most expensive being $475.00, but I did not know if I wanted to give them almost $1000.00 up front (thats about 1/3 the price of the cruise!), and the rep kept pushing me to do so! Now I will wait till we board. Thanks Again, always the best advice
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 01:50 PM

Wow, a $30 facial--that's way less expensive than anything you're going to find on land (provided it's a real facial).