Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Anybody's been to Golden Princess lately? I need input!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2003, 03:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found an Eastern Caribbean cruise via Princess' Golden Princess ship. I've read some traveller's reviews, some are good, some are not. A lot of them says it's a lot more older people, food wasn't great, etc. I've never sailed on Princess line before. How's the food and the show??? Does it get really crowded?
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 05:13 PM

We sailed on the Golden Princess in the Caribbean this last year and enjoyed it.
The food in the dining room was excellent. They even accomodated us with things that were not on the menu.
The shows were very good too. There also seemed to be a balance in the age groups on the ship too.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:02 AM

I was on the Golden in March, Eastern Caribbean. It was a fantastic experience. Beautiful ship, wonderful food, so many choices, the crew was fabulous, I could find no fault. There were all ages on the ship, too, by the way. The itinerary is great too. I intend to repeat the experience next Spring! You won't go wrong on this trip on this ship.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:17 AM
JP

Got off Golden Princess May 5th. Food was outstanding, probably in top 5 out of my 30 cruises.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:43 AM

Just got off the Golden. Wonderful ship, great food, friendly staff, can't go wrong. There isn't a lot more older people, just fewer children, which is very nice. You will love it. Princess is the best.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:00 PM

I got on the Golden Princess on May 5th..nice mix of young, medium and old...there were plenty of kids, but I never saw them.
Loved the food, ambience, itinerary...staying with Princess for my next cruise.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your replies. I'm glad to hear a lot of good things about Golden Princess. I was reading travelers' reviews in Travelocity and another website, and there were some concerns with food and service. So, I'm glad to hear about more good things. I've always taken Royal Caribbean and Carnival because of my young children, and I just want to try something new.
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:33 AM
Unn

I too was on the Golden, this March, for a Caribbean cruise. It was fantastic! There were 4 couples and we all thought it was wonderful, great food, lots to do, etc. The strange thing was that although the ship is huge, we never felt crowded as there are many out of the way nooks and crannies. There were quite a few kids on board, and they seemed to be occupied, I didn't see them too much. All ages. We can't wait to go on another Golden cruise!